Sign in to follow this  
Pohoho

6497 can't disengage properly from 'Time Adjust' position issue

Pohoho

I had previously pulled out the entire crown stem on my Getat Radiomir with some over-enthusiastic Herculian force (http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=23398&hl=&fromsearch=1).

Managed to screw it back per Sconehead's instruction but it's now just harder to disengage from Time Adjusting position. I have to screw in the crown til the last few round of threading before hearing the disengaging 'click' sound. (It's like now the crown stem has gotten "shorter" that pushing it to the just open position does not disengage from Time Adjust. And the minute will be moved a few minutes forward as I put in the final turns on the crown.

I have taken a look at the parts and the keyless assembly, all looks fine.

What else can be the problem? Can anyone share if you had a similiar issue before.

Thank you.

10:10 Watch Repair

The stem was cut too short originally. To compensate, whomever assembled, backed the crown off a few turns and super glued it. When you reinstalled, you screwed it down all the way on the stem.

level z

could it be the spring force on the spring loaded crown is too weak to over come the spring force of the keyless work ?

Member X

The stem was cut too short originally. To compensate, whomever assembled, backed the crown off a few turns and super glued it. When you reinstalled, you screwed it down all the way on the stem.

Thanks for this, Chris, I think I have an idea now how to fix the same issue on my self-build! :)

Pohoho

Kronos could be right on that but I'm not sure. Maybe I can send it to you for a checkup since we are both in SG.

@ Member X: Did you managed to sort out this issue? If so, was it with a new crown stem?

I'm thinking of getting a new crown stem from Tat and swop it out, is this a simple day surgery without complicated tools? Will I need to resize the stem to a proper length?

This is the only annoyance that's preventing my full enjoyment of this watch, otherwise it's a simple and robust movement.

Edited by Pohoho

10:10 Watch Repair

Kronos could be right on that but I'm not sure. Maybe I can send it to you for a checkup since we are both in SG.

@ Member X: Did you managed to sort out this issue? If so, was it with a new crown stem?

I'm thinking of getting a new crown stem from Tat and swop it out, is this a simple day surgery without complicated tools? Will I need to resize the stem to a proper length?

This is the only annoyance that's preventing my full enjoyment of this watch, otherwise it's a simple and robust movement.

On a 6497, it's simple. Use the old stem as a basic guide for length. Obviously cut the new one slightly longer if you think the stem length is the issue.