Sign in to follow this  
madcatlancelot

Rolex GMT Master 1675 *Pepsi*

RolexAddict

A couple of guys over on RWI said this watch will accept the WSO and Clark bezel assemblies and inserts. They didn't say anything about gen, though.

We'll probably get more response over there as there is an ongoing thread about this watch and 1675 projects in general on that board, as well.

CG are no good, to short

I am sorry, I didn't order yet, to busy with buildings and repairs

note : I admit an order takes 5 minutes of attention, right.

But :

After reflexions, sounds this watch don't have the potential to be correctly modded, according pictures, problem comes from the CG, to short.

Also a lot of people on all forums have bought this watch, but no one disassembled it to tell and show how is the construction. I don't want to be the guinea-pig :)

Actually the 1655 remains the only acceptable background case to be converted int a 1675. But its to expensive, since 3 years now I try to find the way to produce a 1675 at an affordable price. And even with flaws : a 6mm crown instead a 5.3mm which will never fit

If modern Rolex replicas are much better and accurate than in the past, for vintage its just the opposite. Its worse from days to days. Dealers claims 1/1 construction, they lie,

If its easy to get an accurate Sub or SD, the 1675 remains marginal.

Most of cases are cut in a bloc of steel using the same CNC software background program. Thats why most of the time cases are to thick, CG are wrong and vintage GMT are engraved 5513 instead of 1675...

Actually the most accurate 1675 cases are these engraved 5513. But the bezel construction is not as the gen and these case need a lot of machining to accept a gen or an aftermarket bezel and a Rlx specs dial.

I had one of these old cases in my watch parts box. I have machined a new rehaut ring and a bezel retaining ring. The remaining flaw is the 6mm crown. Here I adapted a gen 6mm tube and crown for the 16570 Explorer. Except this 6mm crown, the case look 100% like the gen 1675/16750 cases

more pics and detail of constructions asap

still need polishing and better finition,

Crown guards are exactly like the gen : they must slightly exeed the crown

case01.jpg

The high position of the crown is exactly like the gen, except its a 6mm instead od a 5.3mm

case03r.jpg

case02.jpg

for comparison : this is a gen 16750 case, look at the tube high position.

The plexi seems positioned low, its because it has been several times overpolished and the bezel his not very well staked

77536869.jpg

Mendota

Wow! What a great response. This is extremely helpful!

@RA, it sounds like there are a couple of avenues that we can pursue to build a somewhat decent rep.

Do the cartel 5513 cases fit the bill or does it need to be a MBW 5513 case? There are some members over on RG and RWI who have machining backgrounds and will assist members with projects.

Is that option better and more accurate than using the 1655 case? That seems to be the popular avenue that most people choose.

Why is it so complicated to get a decent replica of the 1675 yet there are great out of the box reps of the subs? I don't get it, but I am sure it has to be all supply and demand based. How many of us are there who are interested in accurate 1675 reps versus the masses who all want subs?

Mendota

Just giving this excellent topic a bump as it seems to be withering away...

yoyo123

Great watch. Very accurate. Now you just gotta get some scuffs on it so it blends in! Enjoy!