Sign in to follow this  
madcatlancelot

Rolex GMT Master 1675 *Pepsi*

sconehead

Nice watch indeed ! and very interesting,

the dial looks very good with white and consistant printings, the bezel ring is also like the real thing,

if the maker use these cases engraved 5513, the good thing is they have the slim profile as the gen 1675/16750 cases, and mods consist only to re-drill lug holes and remove metal from the bottom of the CG area, very easy.

The negative : a gen dial or an aftermarket like NDT or Yuki will not fit.

Its a supposition, may be the case is different and has the inner rehaut diameter at the right specs

I will probably order one, this could be the way to produce 1675 at half the price

...keep us updated on your findings JJ...these vintage GMT's are growing on me...especially the pointy crown guard one...I predict yet another rep for my collection in the future... :facepalm:

Steve227

+1 Yes please RA!

machiavegli

Hey Madcat,

I'm not a huge Magnum P.I. (or Pepsi) fan so I'm not all that into this watch. But I really DO like the way you put this really great review together -- great critical eye, not too short or long, and perfect pics. Write more reviews like this one, mate!!!

-Mach

RolexAddict

scone,

I just finished and sent this one yesterday in UK...

the insert is used, its a gen

ryan04.jpg

ryan07.jpg

with the DG3804 Rolexised

ryan08.jpg

sconehead

yep, that's the one I like...didn't you call it 'el camino' or something?

Akira

El Cornino ;)

sconehead

El Cornino ;)

thanks Flo...el camino was a sports/pick up I used to get a lift to school in when I lived in Canada in the late '70's... :lol:

Madness

I've been craving one of these and am saving the $$ so I can get one through RolexAddict. RA keep us posted, if this is a cheaper way to start the project that is awesome!!!

RolexAddict

Madness, I search for a cheaper way, believe me, its not a pleasure for me when I get pms for prices and when I write the list of parts and the price...

scone,

if you buy a Josh 1655 I cut it with my dremel to convert into this :

the Chevrolet El Camino, :lol:

800px-1976_Chevrolet_El_Camino.jpg

Madness

Addict,

Didn't mean disrespect, i know you do amazing work, and I want a watch from you!! I just spent all my extra cash on a bk tw sub with some gen parts, so when I saw this post got really excited about the price!

Let's see what develops with this, I'm going to get a 1675 thru addict as soon as I get the funds!

Mendota

I am not sure if Sneed is over here on this board or not - he's with us over on RG. Anyway, he has a great mod that he does to the movement where he removes a gear and permanently locks the GMT hand in sync with the hour and minutes hand, just like the gen GMT Master movement. It makes the movement true to gen performance. This mod, along with a low beat, would really be perfect.

The lugholes really don't look all that bad to me. They aren't the tiny pinprick holes that some of the reps have. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Rolex Addict approves of this model once he receives his to examine. The list of mods sounds nice, short, and easy for a change!!

Rolex Addict - please report back to us once you receive it. There are a lot of us anxiously awaiting your observations!!

eVojlib

FYI, this is the same 1675 so called 1:1 case/watch that the cartel sells. The only difference is the one RA posted in the pics has the old pepsi insert with the incorrect small numbers on the bezel insert and the latest ones have that insert replaced with a new larger numbered insert.

I have this version and the one before this one.

See my pics here...

cartel 1675 with opd (date dial)

dsc0010uk.jpg

dsc0009oc.jpg

new 1675 so called 1:1 cartel case (same case as the one first shown in RA's thread)

houston2012040400073.jpg

dsc0158vx.jpg

dsc0161aw.jpg

dsc0160eh.jpg

and a scg spec 1675 case

dsc0004qc.jpg

dsc0012mx.jpg

dsc0010gmv.jpg

dsc0007ukc.jpg

Edited by eVojlib

speedbird_100

So from what I can gather, this is the best off the shelf 1675?

eduardor

No news on trevors 1675?

sfa437

You gotta spell it out for us non Rollie folks.

I dig Magnum PI big time (even got a 1986 red Jungle Bird) but never took the step of getting a GMT Master.

I don't do mods so out of what is out there which is the best out of the box?

speedbird_100

I went ahead and ordered a 1675 from Trevvy. Got the qc photos and I approved it. Bezel needs replaced, font is too small but that's a simple fix. CGs need work but they're ok enough for me. Also the crown is too thick.

Overall, at a glance it's ok especially after that bezel change

Mendota

You gotta spell it out for us non Rollie folks... ...I don't do mods so out of what is out there which is the best out of the box?

Yes, please elaborate for those of us who are not going to do mods. As much as I want to, I don't possess the skills or the tools. Out of the options currently available, is this the best one?

Regarding the crown, is it the crown that is too thick or is it the crown guards that create that illusion? How easily is the crown replaced with a smaller twinlock?

speedbird_100

This is the best out if of the box I've found. Just replace the bezel insert and you're not far off if you don't want to do heavy modding.

madcatlancelot

Hey Madcat,

I'm not a huge Magnum P.I. (or Pepsi) fan so I'm not all that into this watch. But I really DO like the way you put this really great review together -- great critical eye, not too short or long, and perfect pics. Write more reviews like this one, mate!!!

-Mach

Thanks mate, appreciate it! :thumbsup:

I'll do a short photo review of the new superlume ExpII 39mm black dial once it arrives. :)

dznrguy

Can someone confirm whether this watch from Trevor can take a GEN bezel insert?

speedbird_100

So a gen spec bezel will fit the Trevor 1675 unmodified?

Mendota

Has anyone heard from Rolex Addict yet? Did he receive his delivery of this one yet? I am wondering what his thoughts and comments on it will be.

The King

I think RA is busy with another watch at the minute... :Whistle:

speedbird_100

Any input on the bezel?

Mendota

A couple of guys over on RWI said this watch will accept the WSO and Clark bezel assemblies and inserts. They didn't say anything about gen, though.

We'll probably get more response over there as there is an ongoing thread about this watch and 1675 projects in general on that board, as well.