Sign in to follow this  
Chavezzito

Need yer helps guys!!

Chavezzito

I was on my may to put on my Uboat 1001 Asian 2813 21J and the crown just came of when I was setting the time :cry: .

So with the pics attached, to set back the crown is it where the arrows is pointing that I need to press down to reinsert it?

dsc01558r.jpg

dsc01560c.jpg

Pretty please could someone help me? It is one of my favourites :Praying: .

Otherwise I will have to send it to one of our trusted and skilled watchsmiths here.

Crusader

To me looks like the stem came off the crown. The crown is there with the tube, but not stem... or am I wrong?

I would love to help you, but I don't have much clue... I think when you put the crown (with stem) back in, you have to press the release button.

Chavezzito

Yeah...might be lack of knowing what came of that makes me write crown, but as I never have done anything like this I gladly appreciate your help!

Amit

As crusader says. Seems like crown and tube have come off. I suspect stem is snapped. Can you look at crown to see if any part is attached still.

Chavezzito

Ok, to make this right from the first...what is the crown? Is it the hole on the watch case where the "thing" that came of should be? :unsure:

Crusader

Here is the pic, the crown, tube and stem. Stem is the longest pointy thing, which looks like it stayed inside the movement while the crown came off with tube:

This might be a bit more difficult for fixing as I imagine, but I don't know, just wait for someone who has experienced that problem before. It happens from time to time, even on high end reps.

stem1.jpg

Chavezzito

Wow...thx guy´s! Yep...seems like the stem is left inside on my watch.

tkeraider

Send it to get serviced.

Chavezzito

Send it to get serviced.

:picard:

Maybe to get repaired...thought I should try it myself with some help first to save some bucks.

tkeraider

It means the same thing bud. if you have no watchmaking skills you could make the situation worse.

Chavezzito

Thx tk but I really want to try myself first to learn, willing to take the risk of making it worse and sending it afterwards.

Or4n6e

Has it snapped or has the crown unscrewed its self from the stem?

Chavezzito

I think it has unscrewed itself...did not snapped what I felt.

Chavezzito

Has it snapped or has the crown unscrewed its self from the stem?

You actually gave me an idea, I tried to screw it back and it worked but it seems like it does not stay put and when I try to set the time it unscrews again...thinking epoxy here :giggle:

Amit

Well I suppose worst case a new 21j movt.

Crusader

Do you maybe have some rep friendly watchsmith near you? That would be best solution... if not, I would suggest sending PM to some of the modder here and maybe ask for instructions, how to ''save'' the watch.

10:10 Watch Repair

if it screws on, red loctite might be your answer.

Chavezzito

Tried today but....no luck, think I will ask our skilled serviceman if they want a job.