Sign in to follow this  
alfo982

Suggestions for my new Rolex Sub

alfo982

Hi guys, I'm going to buy from Robert (or, Mary... I have not yet decided...) a Rolex Submariner Ceramic Bezel model.

Now I'm thinking about 2 details of this watch... and I would be pleased to receive suggestions from you!

1. The sapphire glass... with or without crown imprinted with laser

the questions are:

- normally in a rep Rolex is the inprinting really made with laser or in another way?

- does the original model have this detail or not ? of course I would have a watch the more similar as I can to the original...

- What do you suggest me.... with or without?

2. Holographic sticker

- Same question as before: does the original model has it or not?

- How is normally the quality of this not-genuine stickers? is it easy to recognize the not authenticity of the sticker?

- What do you suggest me.... with or without?

thank you guys... let me knoow...

Edited by alfo982

greg_r

1: the crown on the crystal never looks exactly 100% like the real thing, but it's so faint you can only tell the difference if using a loupe. Don't worry about it.

2. Yes, the gen comes with a hologram sticker. The rep stickers are fine, but most people (both gen and rep owners) tend to peel the damn thing off anyhow. :Whistle:

I gotta say that this is really nitpicky stuff. It's a mistake to get too anal about these kinda things - there is no such thing as a 100% perfect replica. Some get damn close but if you want it to be exactly like the gen, a gen is what you need to buy. You have to accept that there will be some minor differences and that an expert will be able to spot them if they get a close look at the watch.

alfo982

thanks greg... u'r always the n.1!

greg_r

my pleasure, mate :Whistle:

RolexAddict

Just a precision : new gens production don't have any more the hologram sticker, they have just a clear decal with the watch ref number in black,

alfo982

Ok... I'm going to take the crystal with crown and the sticker... only if not yet pasted on the watch! then in the future I will decide if stick it or not!

I'm itching to see my first rep-toy!!!

AllergyDoc

I like the shape and size of the new Sub reps, they're more like the GMT II ceramic, which is nice. Everything about it feels more substantial, especially the bracelet.

KBH
Ok... I'm going to take the crystal with crown and the sticker... only if not yet pasted on the watch! then in the future I will decide if stick it or not!

Be sure and let us know what Robert says when you tell him you want the sticker "a la carte".

I'm sure he'll tell you a good place to stick it. :monkeyspank:

:thumbsup::lolcina:

RolexAddict
:thumbsup:

alfo982

Be sure and let us know what Robert says when you tell him you want the sticker "a la carte".

I'm sure he'll tell you a good place to stick it. :monkeyspank:

:thumbsup::lolcina:

noooo... why????

AllergyDoc

Robert isn't known for being fond of "special requests."

Watch-finding is more Mary's forte.

alfo982
Robert isn't known for being fond of "special requests."

Watch-finding is more Mary's forte.

ahah... good to know for the future! thx for the tip :sofa: