Sign in to follow this  
NBJeeper

PAM090 stopping

NBJeeper

Hi Guys,

I just got this PAM090 a couple of months ago from one of our TD's. It has worked great since day one but I put it on this evening and noticed I had to set the time which was a little odd cause I was wearing it for most of the day yesterday. Set the time and all was good but 5 minutes later it had stopped. I pulled the crown out and back in and it ran for 20-30 seconds and stopped again. I've now done this several times and it does the same thing each time. Power Reserve needle is well past the 40 mark on the dial. Could it be over wound? Any ideas what may be going on with it?

NBJeeper

Ok to add to the mystery....I just adjusted the date (pusher on the side) and the watch is working again. The date pusher is quite hard to push in (always is/has been). Could something be getting bound on something?

Luthier

Problem solved, be happy.

:D

NBJeeper

I'm am :D Just hoping it's nothing I need to worry about.

torobravo

What do you mean by date pusher?

andjsea

You know. At any moment. It could all just..... Stop....Can you really rely on this watch? Ask yourself that question when you buckle that hunk of stainless to your wrist....

NBJeeper

What do you mean by date pusher?

There is a button on the side of the watch that you push to change the date. Borrowed image to show what I'm talking about.

pam-090-17.jpg

Edited by NBJeeper

torobravo

Well, we have a misunderstanding there because that is not a PAM 090 for sure.

The 090 sets date via crown, no pusher...

NBJeeper

Not sure what to tell you. Bought it from Silix. It looks like a 090 to me and the date changes when I push the button on the side. Posting from my phone so I can't post a picture. Seconds at 9, cyclops date at 3 and power reserve at 5. I don't think they say what the model is on the Silix website. You would certainly know better than me.

Edited by NBJeeper

NBJeeper

Here's a pic of my watch.

006.JPG