Sign in to follow this  
sconehead

Angelus SF240?

sconehead

Is this the same movement used by Panerai? I know it has an alarm module on it but I believe it can be removed, is it comparable to the SF240?

angelus.png

greg_r

Certainly the PAM 203 ran a variant of the Angelus 240. Not sure whether any of the other Angelus movements made it into earlier Panerai models, though. As far as the one you picture, I've no clue how close that is to the 240, sorry, but here's a photo of the real thing if it's of any help:

angelus002.jpg

sconehead

Thanks Greg, the movement in my pic turns out to be 52mm diameter, totally different Angelus movement...thought the price was to good to be true...:thumbsup2:

KBH

Also appears to be key wind movement.

PatronSaintofChainsaws
Thanks Greg, the movement in my pic turns out to be 52mm diameter, totally different Angelus movement...thought the price was to good to be true...:thumbsup2:

Yep, I think that's a 190 or one of the others. There are many different Angelus movements, some keywound, some not, and most are too big to be usable.

sconehead

It is, apparently they can be converted???

@PSOC, just read the thread on nickel plating on the homage forum, would make a great post here as well....:thumbsup2:

PatronSaintofChainsaws

It is, apparently they can be converted???

Yes. Easily? No. Most people who converted 240s had to find a dead 240 in order to steal the keyless parts from. I'd suggest moving along and finding another movement, unless you can score that one for like $15 or something stupid like that.

@PSOC, just read the thread on nickel plating on the homage forum, would make a great post here as well....:thumbsup2:

I'll talk to nightwatch about it. I got permission to repost a couple of his threads before, but I don't want to jack his pics without prior approval, as they're hosted from a private server.

JohnG
Thanks Greg, the movement in my pic turns out to be 52mm diameter

That will fit nicely in the 76mm Panerai Massimo Spessore. I have seen at least one with that movement, I am sure you can have a movement ring made by someone.

KBH

"Massimo Spessore"

I have no idea what that means but it sounds like a large oozing open wound of some kind.

sconehead
Thanks Greg, the movement in my pic turns out to be 52mm diameter

That will fit nicely in the 76mm Panerai Massimo Spessore. I have seen at least one with that movement, I am sure you can have a movement ring made by someone.

:thumbsup2:

edit: my winkie... :P