Sign in to follow this  
lextheimpaler

Prohunter Sub..have I been ripped off?

lextheimpaler

Just ordered this from timeshops,net

http://www.timeshops...asian-3135.html

Costs $348.

I've read on other postings you can get for around $100 from Mary/Rochest.

Are they the same. I cant find spec for Mary's sub but DSSD uses

MOVEMENT: Asian 2813 automatic, 21J

CASE DIAMETER: 43mm

THICKNESS: 17.5mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with White Dot Markers Blue Lume on hour markers and needles

CASE MATERIAL: Thick PVD Coating on Solid 316L Stainless Steel

BRACELET: Thick PVD Coating on Solid 316L Stainless Steel

FRONT GLASS: Dome Sapphire Crystal (Same Height & Thickness as Genuine)

BACK GLASS: Solid case back with detailed engraving (2 piece caseback)

BEZEL: Full Ceremic Bezel with Sandwich Numeral Insert, Uni -directional (Black Bezel)

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE:

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 position (Closed 6 and 9 Date Font)

Timeshops sub is

[/left]

MOVEMENT: Nickle Plated Asian Clone (Rolex 3135) Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph

[/left]

CASE DIAMETER: 40mm

[/left]

THICKNESS: 13mm

[/left]

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial, White Dot Markers, Blue Lume on hour markers and needles and Bezel Lume dot

[/left]

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316F with Black PVD Coated

[/left]

BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel 316F with with Black PVD Coated. with New Version Rolesor Bracelet

[/left]

FRONT GLASS: Sapphire crystal

[/left]

BACK: Solid Case Back

[/left]

BEZEL: Black Ceramic Sandwich Numeral Bezel . Bi-directional rotating Bezel; 24 Clicks

[/left]

DATE: At 3:00 Position

[/left]

OTHER: Engraved ROLEXROLEX at Rehaut

[/left]

OTHER: Waterproo

[/left]

Timeshop offers 7 day refund so if they are the same i can always return..Just want to make sure..

Edited by lextheimpaler

Steve227

Mate, it's a different movement. Yours is high beat so 28800 bph and Mary's is 21000 ie 6 beats per second rather than 8.

Have you been ripped off? No because that's what all td's will sell the 3135 at but you have to know that the 3135 can be problematic.

Steve227

If you've literally just ordered then ask them to change to an Asian eta. High beat movement and pretty reliable.

gB.

No, you bought the Asian clone 3135 which usually is the highest priced movement option, but sadly also the least reliable. The one from Mary shown has the 21J which is the lowest priced movement option. Asian Swiss ETA 2836 is usually recommended over the clone 3135. Sorry mate...

lextheimpaler

Mate, it's a different movement. Yours is high beat so 28800 bph and Mary's is 21000 ie 6 beats per second rather than 8.

Have you been ripped off? No because that's what all td's will sell the 3135 at but you have to know that the 3135 can be problematic.

Thanks mate. Problematic meaning that it wont keep time properly? Should I get a refund and just go with Mary's since im paying nearly 200% more for the one at TS. The one at TS does have a one year warranty,....but is it worth the hassle?

conx

If you've literally just ordered then ask them to change to an Asian eta. High beat movement and pretty reliable.

+1 - a much more stable movement and no difference in the smoothness of the sweep. In this case the extra cost doesn't mean extra quality or reliability.

However, both movements have a better sweep (more gen like) than Mary's A21J movement.

lextheimpaler

No, you bought the Asian clone 3135 which usually is the highest priced movement option, but sadly also the least reliable. The one from Mary shown has the 21J which is the lowest priced movement option. Asian Swiss ETA 2836 is usually recommended over the clone 3135. Sorry mate...

thx but do they do the Asian Swiss ETA 2836 for pro hunter sub.. Excuse my NOOBNESS

dingle

No, you bought the Asian clone 3135 which usually is the highest priced movement option, but sadly also the least reliable. The one form Mary shown has the 21J which is the lowest priced movement option. Asian Swiss ETA 2836 is usually recommended over the clone 3135. Sorry mate...

+1

contact mark at [email protected]

ask him to change the movement to Asian clone 2836 and refund the price difference

Steve227

Well they mod another movement to try to look like a 3135 ie a Rolex movement. The mod that is done can make them unreliable. Have you paid Timeshop? TS are a trusted dealer so you won't get ripped off. Just see if you can swap to the Asian eta. Think it's Mark at TS?

lextheimpaler

I ordered two days ago but it already has been shipped..I guess TS is efficient..should I send it back and ask Mark to change movement?

lextheimpaler

Well they mod another movement to try to look like a 3135 ie a Rolex movement. The mod that is done can make them unreliable. Have you paid Timeshop? TS are a trusted dealer so you won't get ripped off. Just see if you can swap to the Asian eta. Think it's Mark at TS?

Yep paid and shipped already but they have a 7 day refund...wondering if I should just send it back..

dingle

I ordered two days ago but it already has been shipped..I guess TS is efficient..should I send it back and ask Mark to change movement?

no. I would just stick with it.........only some have been problematic, not all.....

Steve227

In that case suck it and see!

No substitute for reading and asking questions!

lextheimpaler

No, you bought the Asian clone 3135 which usually is the highest priced movement option, but sadly also the least reliable. The one form Mary shown has the 21J which is the lowest priced movement option. Asian Swiss ETA 2836 is usually recommended over the clone 3135. Sorry mate...

+1

contact mark at [email protected]

ask him to change the movement to Asian clone 2836 and refund the price difference

Thx mate...maybe Ill just send it back to him and get it changed.

gB.

If it's shipped then you're probably stuck with it now. I doubt Mark would take it back because you changed your mind on movement choice. You can send him an e-mail and check, doesn't hurt, but then you're stuck with return shipping to China and risk of it going missing, customs, etc. Best to just keep it or resell it at a loss. Chuck it up to lesson learned in the rep hobby. We've ALL been there....

conx

you may be fine, maybe not. But if there are poblems, TimeShop should sort you out OK.

Enjoy it when it comes and let's see some pics and a review.

lextheimpaler

no. I would just stick with it.........only some have been problematic, not all.....

Cool thanks mate

Thx for all your quick responses.. This board is terrific..where do I donate $$$$?

dingle

Cool thanks mate

Thx for all your quick responses.. This board is terrific..where do I donate $$$$?

PM incoming :D

lextheimpaler

Cool thanks mate

PM incoming :D

Got it ..will definitely..Despite my short time on the board I think 29.95 is well worth the money...

lextheimpaler

you may be fine, maybe not. But if there are poblems, TimeShop should sort you out OK.

Enjoy it when it comes and let's see some pics and a review.

Will do ... I got a Patek 5711 from Mary as well so will do full reviews + pics when they arrive

Cyril_Clunge

I was on here the other day slagging off the 3135 movement as unreliable and Col came on to put me back in my box by saying that the new ones are different and don't have the same problems. Chances are it will be fine so enjoy it it,

Steve227

Good work Lex! VIP up!

As GBOGH said, this is the way it goes and we've all been there. Chances are yours will be fine. Besides most people only hang on to them for a year and then buy something else! You'll be crawling all over the Panerai's this time next week!!

lextheimpaler

Good work Lex! VIP up!

As GBOGH said, this is the way it goes and we've all been there. Chances are yours will be fine. Besides most people only hang on to them for a year and then buy something else! You'll be crawling all over the Panerai's this time next week!!

Thx mate I hope so..if it breaks down TS does offer 1 year warranty since the watch is over $150...I guess thats the value of having a Trusted Dealer list...at least i havent flushed US$358 down the drain with scammers....

Steve227

Exactly! TS are a trusted dealer for a reason mate. This is the place to be!

baxter

Have had my sub with a 3135 movement ( naughty boy didn't do his research properly ) for a couple of weeks now - early days i know but no probs as yet and keeping perfect time.

good luck and hope it's fine when you get it !! looking forward to pics as i'm wanting a PH myself.