Sign in to follow this  
lextheimpaler

Prohunter Sub..have I been ripped off?

lextheimpaler

Have had my sub with a 3135 movement ( naughty boy didn't do his research properly ) for a couple of weeks now - early days i know but no probs as yet and keeping perfect time.

good luck and hope it's fine when you get it !! looking forward to pics as i'm wanting a PH myself.

Cheers mate..yeah i need to read more before pulling trigger on purchases in the future..

powderfreak

I often read that the 3135 is unreliable, but there are suspiciously few people who actually have problems with them....

baxter

lex - it is, as i'm finding out A BIG SUBJECT .... and one that may well put a dent in my resources ;-)

lextheimpaler

Cant wait to do a full review when it gets here and do periodic updates to see if the 3135 movement is as unreliable as ppl say....Watch this space.

baxter

sounds to me like they are inconsistent but if you get a good one you'll be ok

gB.

I often read that the 3135 is unreliable, but there are suspiciously few people who actually have problems with them....

...but I think that's because no one on the forums ever buys them due to their bad rap. This is an interesting test case to see what happens.

Thanks lextheimpaler for being our {insert favorite laboratory animal}. :thumbsup2:

:popcorn:

lextheimpaler

Yeah the cost is significant $358 vs $129 over Rochest's but I cant be arsed to send it back and go for the refund process..so will just take it when it arrives and see how long it lasts..I should get at least a year otherwise Mark will have to honor his 1 yr guarantee

trailboss99

Well they mod another movement to try to look like a 3135 ie a Rolex movement. The mod that is done can make them unreliable.

No, that's not the case at all. You are talking about the old, modded Asian ETA version. What we now have is a clone 3115, a real 3115 copy. The first batch had all sorts of drama surrounding the release involving broken stems and a date set issue (it was a bit tricky to set, not impossible). Of the dozen or so reported stem breakages most happened when folk removed the MVT for some reason or other, only a few (3 or 4 AFIK) happened in untouched watches.I honestly think this was a storm in a teacup when one realises how many of these were sold.

There has been a revision of this MVT and a thicker stem is now in use which should remedy the issue and the date change problem has been addressed. For those who must have an accurate MVT (as well as looking right it sets in the manner of the 3115 unlike an ETA) this should now be an option if you don't mind the expense.

BTW, the old, modded ETA 'look alike' 3115 was quite reliable with no real issues apart from the fact it was very expensive and still didn't look enough like a gen 3115 to fool anyone.

Member X

Well they mod another movement to try to look like a 3135 ie a Rolex movement. The mod that is done can make them unreliable.

No, that's not the case at all. You are talking about the old, modded Asian ETA version. What we now have is a clone 3115, a real 3115 copy. The first batch had all sorts of drama surrounding the release involving broken stems and a date set issue (it was a bit tricky to set, not impossible). Of the dozen or so reported stem breakages most happened when folk removed the MVT for some reason or other, only a few (3 or 4 AFIK) happened in untouched watches.I honestly think this was a storm in a teacup when one realises how many of these were sold.

There has been a revision of this MVT and a thicker stem is now in use which should remedy the issue and the date change problem has been addressed. For those who must have an accurate MVT (as well as looking right it sets in the manner of the 3115 unlike an ETA) this should now be an option if you don't mind the expense.

I did not know this! I have learned something today :D

BTW, the old, modded ETA 'look alike' 3115 was quite reliable with no real issues apart from the fact it was very expensive and still didn't look enough like a gen 3115 to fool anyone.

And the rotor stickers were known to fall off and get stuck in the movement, iirc?? :Whistle::D