Sign in to follow this  
TacticalTimbo

Hi guys noob here looking for a sub date

TacticalTimbo

Hi there,

Been thinking about getting a replica of a Submariner Date for yonks but was put off by all the dodgy looking sites and riskiness of it all. I own a gen Tag Heuer F1 but have always loved the style of the Sub; alas the real thing is a dream only. To that end I come here asking for advice and to hopefully be pointed in the right direction. I've narrowed my remit to a Black bezel/dial and plain stainless (don't like fussy gold numbers), would like an ETA 2836-2 movement to be in there (unless you recommend different) and would like the quality to be up there without the price being the same; ain't that what we all want lol!

Once again hi and thanks

Noob out

fatarms

Good that you know what you want and have done some research. Take a look at the Trusted Dealers link just above the RWG logo at the top of any page in the forum. You'll find a list of dealers to get them from, I've dealt with Marvellous Replica, Silix, and WatchInternational. All of them have given me nothing but the best service.

Good luck :D

Welcome.

fatarms

This is a good one and a gret price.

http://www.rwgboard....=0

This one has the 21J movment in it which would be 6 beats per second rather than 8 beats per second which is what is in the ETA 2836-2.

jeffw69

Read, read, read.

There is a wealth of information on this site, plenty of pics and dealer reviews.

Click on the link in my signature for some starters.....

Luthier

2836-2 is for Day/Date model, for Sub - 2836.

TacticalTimbo

Good that you know what you want and have done some research. Take a look at the Trusted Dealers link just above the RWG logo at the top of any page in the forum. You'll find a list of dealers to get them from, I've dealt with Marvellous Replica, Silix, and WatchInternational. All of them have given me nothing but the best service.

Welcome.

Hi there, had a look a those three sites and though that Marvellous Replica looked interesting but didn't like the idea of hammering in my visa details, Silix was too much to handle and I couldn't understand the difference between much of what is on offer (btw isn't 40mm dial the correct size or is 38/41 kosher also?) and as for Mary well she sounds like a good seller but how does she like to be paid for the watches?

One other question I thought a genuine Rolex didn't have the green logo?

Edited by TacticalTimbo

RichyRichRolex

Wow Luthy you were easy on the new guy!

TacticalTimbo

2836-2 is for Day/Date model, for Sub - 2836.

So all these sellers (inc asiakrono, a TD) describing the Sub Date with 2836-2 are wrong?

jeffw69

Welcome.

Hi there, had a look a those three sites and though that Marvellous Replica looked interesting but didn't like the idea of hammering in my visa details, Silix was too much to handle and I couldn't understand the difference between much of what is on offer (btw isn't 40mm dial the correct size or is 38/41 kosher also?) and as for Mary well she sounds like a good seller but how does she like to be paid for the watches?

Read, you joined the forum about an hour ago, we aren't going to do your work for you.

TacticalTimbo

Welcome.

Read, you joined the forum about an hour ago, we aren't going to do your work for you.

I have read through quite a bit of what you've got there, much of it good stuff! This isn't the first time I've approached the subject; I realise I have only just signed up here but I'm not entirely a blind man looking for a leader. I'll certainly be reading much more before I do anything and realise it's down to me to do the ground work but I will have more questions.

Luthier

Answers in our threads.

And yes, some of the dealers misleading people. Go to ETA website, and you'll see the difference.

Akira

Timbo,

every dealer will accept Western Union for sure. Some paypal, some Moneygramm and CC.

As for your wish, we are talking about a 16610 aren't we?

So not the ceramic insert one, correct?

This is the most popular model around and available between $60-600, depending on what your preferences are.

You can get a pretty good rep from MarvellousReplica or Watchinternational for around $160-200ish.

High beat Asian Eta copy movement. Quality and look will most likely convince, if not impress you.

Read around, make an informed decision.

Best,

Akira

TacticalTimbo

Answers in our threads.

And yes, some of the dealers misleading people. Go to ETA website, and you'll see the difference.

Well it certainly looks like the 2836-2 is a a day/date hence the '2' I guess. However I looked and looked but couldn't see the 2836, do you have a link? Also Marvellous Replicas seems to be listing it correctly as 2836 but show an image of the movement, which has 2836-2 engraved...what am I supposed to make of this?

TacticalTimbo

Timbo,

every dealer will accept Western Union for sure. Some paypal, some Moneygramm and CC.

As for your wish, we are talking about a 16610 aren't we?

So not the ceramic insert one, correct?

This is the most popular model around and available between $60-600, depending on what your preferences are.

You can get a pretty good rep from MarvellousReplica or Watchinternational for around $160-200ish.

High beat Asian Eta copy movement. Quality and look will most likely convince, if not impress you.

Read around, make an informed decision.

Best,

Akira

I would like the ceramic actually, should have said...sorry. Also about the payment aspect, I did see western union but isn't that even riskier. I mean if I send off a chunk of change and they send nothing, or it turns up DOA, I'll be on my own; no? Otherwise I believe this is roughly what I'm after: http://www.marvellousreplica.com/products_detail.php?ProId=1033...Just if it ain't really a swiss 25 and is instead a jap 21, it'll be way over the odds.

Also to avoid enraging anyone, I did search the forums under Reviews>Rolex, looking for discussions of marvellous replica but didn't find much. What I did find suggested they were pretty good though.

fatarms

The reason that they are trusted dealers is that they've shown customer service and will make it right if there are problems with the watch. Also, the mods and admins here are able to deal with them if there are problems. Their being TD's is a privelege they'd lose if they didn't fulfill their end of the deals. They stand to provide good service to maintain the "advertising" they get here for free in front of 20,000+ potential customers.

Akira

Timbo,

I gave you advice in my post. We have topics on top of every Subforum, like introduction and so on.

Read, read, read...

http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7456

http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=19035

http://www.rwgboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=2073

Because honestly, I can't bothered to explain in detail, how our Trusted Dealer system works.

I hope you understand.

myaz

Here's a link to a discussion on what you can expect in DSSD reps for different price breaks. I realize you want a sub but the difference essentially is the case.

Good luck, most other reps don't have that many options.

Edit: Post is a little over a year old, For instance Robert is no longer with us, but there's good basics in it.