Sign in to follow this  
highergame

Just a heads up

highergame

Thought I'd let everyone know that through my talking with the TD's most are letting me know that some models are only able to be got in the sw2000 movement not the eta movement... I know I saw where this was going to take place and over time the eta movement was going to be harder and harder to get. So I'm not sure if this is just a short term thing or long term but just thought I'd give a head up on it just incase anyone wanted to grab a watch in ETA while it was still out there.

HG

greg_r

This has been the case for some time - and frankly at this point you're better off going with the Sellita sw200 movement (which, like the ETA, is gen Swiss).

trailboss99

Nothing wrong with the Sellita HG, it's as good as the ETA and a direct copy (for all intents and purposes).

There is a lot less chance of copping a clone if you go with the Sellita as the clone is rare as, only a couple have ever been sighted (prototypes?) in the wild. As such they were re-branded ETA clones and there are notable differences so "clone" is stretching it. Te dealers should have no trouble telling a clone from a gen (the big problem with buying ETA) so no reason you should cop a fake Sellita.

Member X

Although Col has said that they are repping the SW200 now?? :unsure:

Amit

This has been happening for a while, as others have mentioned.

I'd prefer the selita if the option came round to me.

jeffw69

Thanks for the head up.