Sign in to follow this  
JPayne

My First PAM...a 47mm PAM 127 "FIDDY" N Factory Best Version!!! **PICS**

JPayne

So, after much research and comparing, I decided to pull the trigger on my very first rep and first PAM. Toro was incredible throughout the process and I received my new PAM 127 "Fiddy" N Factory Best version within a week!

As this was my first rep of any kind, I was somewhat hesitant about the quality level I should expect. I must say that I am pleasantly blown away by the build quality, accuracy, and feel of this amazing timepiece. The pictures really do not do the watch justice, as the finishing touches and adherence to gen appearance is incredible.

I will admit that when it comes to photos, I am no "Del", so I apologize for the mediocre iPhone pics...though you will all be happy to see that my bare nipple does not appear in any reflections, LOL!

On to the pics....

The dial and case are so clean and stunning. The sapphire is crystal clear!

IMG_3737.jpg

Side profile shows how nice the sapphire flows with the rest of the case.

IMG_3738.jpg

And I cannot emphasize enough just how amazing the clear back and movement appear...they really hit every detail with precision!

IMG_3736.jpg

The included strap is a nice tan leather, which is very soft and comfortable. The included PAM buckle was also a nice touch.

IMG_3735.jpg

Here is my PAM with a custon strap made for me by SNPR6969 based on a photo I sent to him. The strap came out amazing and just the way I wanted it. The strap is capped off with a polished buckle I ordered from Panatime.

IMG_3739.jpg

Now, the one thing I was worried about was the 47mm size of this beast, and whether or not it would look out of place on my 7.2" wrist. I am happy to report that the watch fits perfectly and does not look "too big" at all. In fact, I think it looks better on my wrist than a gen 44mm PAM I tried on at a local dealer. Here are a couple pic of the watch on my wrist:

7.2" wrist...

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3734.jpg

And then finally, a poor attempt at an "artsy" Instagram shot of the watch while driving...

IMG_3744.jpg

Overall, I am extremely pleased with this watch and cannot say enough great things about Toro, SNPR Straps, and Panatime....thank you all for the amazing timepiece, which I am being complimented on daily!!

jeffw69

Very very nice. :drool:

Congratulations!

robznet

Beautiful - enjoy!

mrs1986

Really nice pictures man, and outstanding 127, is really really gorgeous, i think is the best looking pam out there!

JPayne

Really nice pictures man, and outstanding 127, is really really gorgeous, i think is the best looking pam out there!

Thank you!! The only PAM I like more is the GMT 10-Day, but I am not holding my breath for a good rep anytime soon. But, I am beyond happy with my 127N!!

mrs1986

Thank you!! The only PAM I like more is the GMT 10-Day, but I am not holding my breath for a good rep anytime soon. But, I am beyond happy with my 127N!!

ENJOY!!!

BigBuys

My, you have very good taste in watches JPayne! I do regret to tell you that 47mm is just entirely too large for you, and that I can rid you of that heavy beast with any one of several beautiful 44mm PAMs. GMT 10 day, oops, can't help you there. She is beautiful!

DFH

Welcome to the "Fiddy Club"- Looks fantastic!!!! :thumbsup2:

JPayne
My, you have very good taste in watches JPayne! I do regret to tell you that 47mm is just entirely too large for you, and that I can rid you of that heavy beast with any one of several beautiful 44mm PAMs. GMT 10 day, oops, can't help you there. She is beautiful!

Lmao....nice!!!

Del

Congrats mate! :clap:

For your first PAM this is an inspired choice - what a beauty it is! :thumbsup2:

Amit

Good choice on first PAM, looks great.

Member X

Great first buy :)

g.man

Can't go wrong with a fiddy.

enjoy

g.man

subiim

Very nice mate. I just received the exact same watch and it is fantastic. Enjoy!

Hazz

Congrats, on the 127, great looking watch, superb first buy.

JPayne

Thanks everyone, I agree that it really is a stunning watch. I visited a Jared Galleria of Jewelry by my house yesterday, to see if they had any watch travel cases, and the guy behind the counter was drooling over my Fiddy. Granted, they do not sell Panerai there, but he asked me if he could hold it and I obliged. He and another salesman were commenting on how amazing PAM's are and that they had never seen one so nice in person. Made me feel pretty good that it passed an impromptu gen test, haha!

Member X

Well, ignoring the fact that it is not the done thing to wear a rep into an AD of any kind... I'm glad you like it :)

Steve227

What a great start to your hobby. The 127 is top of the tree! Congrats!

OceanView

Thanks for the review, I'm really tempted by the 127 but have been holding off as my wrist is only 6.75" inch and am afraid that the 47mm would look huge.

In any case, the watch is amazing and looks to be a winner that is a must for any PAM head.

JPayne
Thanks for the review, I'm really tempted by the 127 but have been holding off as my wrist is only 6.75" inch and am afraid that the 47mm would look huge.

In any case, the watch is amazing and looks to be a winner that is a must for any PAM head.

I was worried too. Have you tried on a 44mm rep or gen PAM, to see how it looks? That's what I did....went to an AD and tried on a 44mm gen PAM, which gave me confidence that the 47mm Fiddy would not look too big.

Realism

Thanks everyone, I agree that it really is a stunning watch. I visited a Jared Galleria of Jewelry by my house yesterday, to see if they had any watch travel cases, and the guy behind the counter was drooling over my Fiddy. Granted, they do not sell Panerai there, but he asked me if he could hold it and I obliged. He and another salesman were commenting on how amazing PAM's are and that they had never seen one so nice in person. Made me feel pretty good that it passed an impromptu gen test, haha!

you just said Jared's and salesman... they know nothing most of the time...

J.Eric

This one amazing watch!! it is one of the many that is next on the list of PAMS. How to decide???

UmpaHimself

sweet man! that strap looks killer

savonarola

Absolutely amazing...... you joined may 7th and received your first rep may 23rd...... and then with this outcome!!??

I have never seen such a picture perfect entrance into the rep world!!

In 2 weeks you managed to figure out the whole rep game! You must be a rep savant or something!

You acclompished to:

1. find your way to PAMS (instead of looking for a sub...)

2. find the BEST super rep in the 47mm category

3. choose the correct size for your wrist (looks great, you'll never go back to 44 ;) )

4. find a tasteful and appropriate strap from a quality strapmaker

5. choosing a reliable and trusted seller!

6. posted in the right forum!

A++ You did everything right!!

Wear it well !!

JPayne
Absolutely amazing...... you joined may 7th and received your first rep may 23rd...... and then with this outcome!!??

I have never seen such a picture perfect entrance into the rep world!!

In 2 weeks you managed to figure out the whole rep game! You must be a rep savant or something!

You acclompished to:

1. find your way to PAMS (instead of looking for a sub...)

2. find the BEST super rep in the 47mm category

3. choose the correct size for your wrist (looks great, you'll never go back to 44 ;) )

4. find a tasteful and appropriate strap from a quality strapmaker

5. choosing a reliable and trusted seller!

6. posted in the right forum!

A++ You did everything right!!

Wear it well !!

Wow, thank you very much!! When I joined, I had stumbled upon a post about a PAM rep as I was thinking about buying a Dievas gen. I instantly fell in love with the PAM appearance and decided to read all I could about them. I saw a post from Toro about the new PAM 127 N he was offering. I was amazed by how beautiful the rep was and did several hours of research about reps and then ordered one the next day. Toro was great!!

I then hit the forum about straps and several links later I found a strap by Bomba Straps that I loved. I emailed Bomba, only to discover the one I wanted was the only one on his site not available for purchase, as it was his own personal strap. I then found SNPR Straps, who offered custom straps to your liking....so I emailed Joe a photo of the strap I wanted. He immediately emailed me back with a very reasonable quote and I sent payment for my custom strap. Joe sent me photos the following day and I was blown away by his work...he nailed it dead on!

Needless to say, when I see something I like....I pounce on it....and I could not be happier, as I have never received as many compliments as I do on this watch (and this includes a gen TAG Heuer Kirium Chrono, gen Vostok ANCHAR, and a gen TAG Heuer Link Auto). I am now addicted to PAM's, though I'm yet to find another one that I like as much as my cherished 127 N.

Thanks again!!