Sign in to follow this  
midasmook

Help with Pam 270

midasmook

I have a Pam 270 rep which had terrible blue A.R. which I decided I would try to get rid of. I read a few tips here and decided to try and rub it off with something though can't remember what. It actually worked though, I then found out the crystal wasn't saphire but mineral so when I put the watch back together it looked like I was looking through a fog. I then thought I would take out the crystal but managed to smash it in doing so.

I then ordered a case with a saphire crystal from Getat thinking I would put the 270 movement into the new case.

I then found out that the crown is different and I can't change the stem from the 270 to the getat case. So now I'm stuck with a 270 movement and a getat case. I would love to be able to take out the getat crystal and put it in the 270 case but I don't have a crystal press and don't want to smash it again.

anybody able to help me.

KinCaidk

Can't you just swap the stem from the 270 crown to the getat crown?? shouldn't be to difficult.

midasmook
Can't you just swap the stem from the 270 crown to the getat crown?? shouldn't be to difficult.

I know you would think so but I can't get it to shift and don't want to break it. It looks different as well.

mad dawg

Try soaking the stem is acetone. Any glue will dissolve.