Thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:

jeffw69

No prob :lol:

I would just e-mail Josh and ask him.

RichardMiami
:heli::heli: :heli: :heli::daffy::heli: :heli: :heli:

gtwc

Pourquoi?

You've found the fuckin' watch - now either twist or stick !

:giggle:

Jameslowe1

it's actually for the movement inside.. can't fine one finished in the same way as that. The geneve stripes and circular patterning (machine turning?). It's for a grail PP watch. <3

gtwc

I sometimes think that people have too high expectations of reps.

The major cost of a gen watch is nominally the movement and added to by the 'bling' factor.

ie: gold / diamonds and any other shit you can think of.

Reps are exactly that - reps.

They generally have (not always, mind) a poorer quality movement (low-beat?) and maybe a few 'tells'

that an experienced dealer would spot.

You pays yer mney you takes yer choice.

I own 20+ reps and have only had a problem with 2 - and the total cost would still be less than servicing 2 gens !!!

Jameslowe1

I have a couple of reps, an Omega UPO and a cheapie IWC so I know what to expect of reps.

Money is probably a little excessive for this project, but this will actually be a watch to treasure for me.

Anyone know though? I've emailed Josh as well

Jameslowe1

Just got an email from just saying "This is from the V6 HBB maker."

who's the "V6 HBB" maker then!?

Edited by Jameslowe1

mianos

The Hublot Big Bang factory. They are know for their hublots and incremental improvements. The Nautilus has not changed though. I have the white faces one with the displayback and SW200. Really nice but easily seen to be a fakie from the back.

torobravo

The Hublot Big Bang factory. They are know for their hublots and incremental improvements. The Nautilus has not changed though. I have the white faces one with the displayback and SW200. Really nice but easily seen to be a fakie from the back.

It is the same factory who is making the latest v6 models which now is very competitive with the H factory. Why are you looking for the factory? I think finding a dealer is enough...

Luthier

Any PP looks fakie from the back. No need to explain why, and no any beautification of the movement will help.

Luthier

It is the same factory who is making the latest v6 models which now is very competitive with the H factory. Why are you looking for the factory? I think finding a dealer is enough...

+1.

All the dealers buy Sellita equipped Pateks from the same factory. Josh will charge you up to your balls. Our TDs can sell you the same watch, and cheaper.

Jameslowe1

I'm actually just after the movement and not the case, so i'm working with Rochest on trying to source it.

+1.

All the dealers buy Sellita equipped Pateks from the same factory. Josh will charge you up to your balls. Our TDs can sell you the same watch, and cheaper.

Thanks luith, but the movement will be going in a case from a PP which only comes with a gold ETA 2824.

Luthier

There's no any difference between Sellita and ETA, just different logo.

Jameslowe1

It's only regarding to the decoration on the movement, alongside the nickel plated movement with gold plated rotor.

Luthier

James, there's gold plated ETAs, and nickel plated ETAs, same with Sellitas. Rotor sticker is made separately, in China.I have one Nautilus with 21j, and look on the rotor!

012-18.jpg

011-21.jpg

Jameslowe1

Yeah yeah I know, but I've had a look at the decoration on a couple of different versions of eta, sellitas and seagull, but this particular movement seems to be the best for the decoration I plan to do on it. Anyway I'll find out if it's available tomorrow through rochest.

Do you know how good the stickers are? And do the actually stay on or is it a bit hit and miss?

Regards

Luthier

Have many watches with stickers, all still stay on without any problems. Very rarely factory glue sticker on rotor slightly unevenly, but it's very rare.

Jameslowe1

Okay thanks very much. Finally, (I'm assuming you have a calatrava of some sort) is the buckle removable from the strap with a mini springbar?

Thanks again

Frankt8242

Have many watches with stickers, all still stay on without any problems. Very rarely factory glue sticker on rotor slightly unevenly, but it's very rare.

Actually the one in your pic looks a little dodgy on the left side!!....Maybe it needs a little TLC...???