Sign in to follow this  
str8

Pocket watch & Movement Appreciation ...

str8

Thought I'd share with some Bros here who appreciate vintage movements. Just ordered 2 pocket watches and a Moljina movement :facepalm: ... one of them pocket watch housed a beautiful Cortebert 616 :wub: The Cortebert Pocket watch looks to be in good working condition or as seller claim, new as LNIB Old stock and it's too nice to tear apart ... maybe i'll just keep it as it is and look for another one.

Here's the pic of the Cortebert-

7293303862_8079ed6503_c.jpg

Dismantled by Watchmaker for servicing-

7293302562_d05d937132_c.jpg

And the assembled watch-

7293301736_2c3d4535d7_c.jpg

Moljina Pocket Watch-

7293287954_e9d9937ca1_c.jpg

7293289040_fbeff3dbdb_c.jpg

str8

And finally, Moljina movement without casing which will be serviced by seller before sending to me. Notice the different print between this and the above with casing? Both are manufactured in the 50s.

7293289362_84f52c6b2a_c.jpg

Yet to know what to really do with the above :giggle:

Thanks for looking ...

Cheers!

Dennis :)

greg_r

Love the cortebert. Beautiful thing it is...

Desire

the Cortebert & Moljina look good and shiny :thumbsup2:

Wiz

Nice stuffs here!! :D

str8

Thanks guys ... hope it'll lead to something good and worthwhile :) Not just another spending spree :P

str8

Anyone knows the history of the Moljina movement and why they have diff engravings? :)

DFH

Don't know how I missed this thread, D - fine, fine stuff here! Love the Cortebert, and you already know my affinity for the Molnija's!!!

irate03

Nice Corty and molly, at the begining of this year I taught myself how to service a molly, I started with a 3602 which went well and is ticking away in my vintage mini 6152/1 build at the moment, and a 3601 which cleaned up beautifully but has a balance staff issue which I can't fix until I get another one.

molly_clean.jpg

str8

Don't know how I missed this thread, D - fine, fine stuff here! Love the Cortebert, and you already know my affinity for the Molnija's!!!

Haha!!! Must hv had your view 'blocked' by that beauty of an EGI :P Bought these beauty to built something out of it but I guess it'll have to be put on hold cause I'm upto my neck with work. BTW, I have incoming 3xMolly and a confirmed EGI ;)

Thanks D :)

str8
Nice Corty and molly, at the begining of this year I taught myself how to service a molly, I started with a 3602 which went well and is ticking away in my vintage mini 6152/1 build at the moment, and a 3601 which cleaned up beautifully but has a balance staff issue which I can't fix until I get another one. molly_clean.jpg

I'm thinking of heading the same way so bought a few to play with. From your pic, I must say that it's a good blueprint. Sort of a map for movements ... very good idea. May do the same when I start something, if you don't mind.

Thanks irate, for the nice words and idea :)

DeLaForce

I want a 616! Not cheap though :(