Sign in to follow this  
dingle

pam 183 strap

dingle

Can someone give me a breakdown on how to change the strap on one of these? Pic would be nice as well.

Thanks

DB

greg_r

it's fiddly. The strap lugs are in two parts - they release with the tiny screws you'll see on the back of the watch by the base of each lug. Undo the screws (don't lose 'em!) and gently pull the strap away from the watch. The lugs then just pull out from each side of the strap. There's sometimes a short tube between the lugs which will probably get stuck in the strap, so push it out with a small screwdriver or whatever.

To re-mount the strap, fit the lugs into each side of the strap - not forgetting to get the tube in there first if you have one. slide the lugs into the holes in the watch and do up the screws - there's a small flat spot on each lug for the screw to hold onto.

Then watch the other strap lug fall onto the carpet. Swear a lot. Try and get to the strap lug before the cat does. Swear some more. Go have a beer. Come back and try it again. You'll get it eventually. Second time is easier :irish_dance:

dingle

sorry greg. you posted when I wasn't looking. ( i know the first huh?)

anyway,

thanks to both of you. :irish_dance:

Luthier
it's fiddly. The strap lugs are in two parts - they release with the tiny screws you'll see on the back of the watch by the base of each lug. Undo the screws (don't lose 'em!) and gently pull the strap away from the watch. The lugs then just pull out from each side of the strap. There's sometimes a short tube between the lugs which will probably get stuck in the strap, so push it out with a small screwdriver or whatever.

To re-mount the strap, fit the lugs into each side of the strap - not forgetting to get the tube in there first if you have one. slide the lugs into the holes in the watch and do up the screws - there's a small flat spot on each lug for the screw to hold onto.

Then watch the other strap lug fall onto the carpet. Swear a lot. Try and get to the strap lug before the cat does. Swear some more. Go have a beer. Come back and try it again. You'll get it eventually. Second time is easier ;)

That's why I'd never buy PAM with such a case. It's a hassle.

greg_r
That's why I'd never buy PAM with such a case. It's a hassle.

It's a pain in the ass the first time, but gets easier with practice. I've got three of 'em and it really doesn't bother me these days.

mad dawg

The tube thingees are essential, else the lugs will fallout. I got a few spare tubes, lugs and screws from Jackson.

dingle
The tube thingees are essential, else the lugs will fallout. I got a few spare tubes, lugs and screws from Jackson.

thanks MD.

greg_r

hmm - one of my radiomirs came without and I've not had any problems with the lugs at all...

mad dawg

hmm - one of my radiomirs came without and I've not had any problems with the lugs at all...

You must be lucky, a friend of mine didn't have the tubes and the lugs kept twisting and popping the screws out. Soon as we fitted tubes the problem went away. Might have something to do with the strap construction.

dingle

I now have my strap from doggie (super nice btw) but no 183 to put it on yet.(still @ seads getting fixed) Question here is how hard is it to put a rep buckle onto a new strap? The one doggie sent me was a deployment.

Thanks,

db

greg_r
I now have my strap from doggie (super nice btw) but no 183 to put it on yet.(still @ seads getting fixed) Question here is how hard is it to put a rep buckle onto a new strap? The one doggie sent me was a deployment.

Thanks,

db

It's dead easy. Unscrew the deployant clasp (there's just a single screw) and simply replace it with the buckle.

Just for general info: regular buckles fit deployant straps, but deployant clasps won't necessarily fit straps designed for buckles.

houndoggie

Thanks,

db

The type of deployant I sent you is held on the short end with a springbar. Release the springbar to remove the deployant from this end. One the other end, the deployant is held on by a clasp that flips up. Flip the buckle up and remove the strap. Though, I would keep it on the deployant.

greg_r
Though, I would keep it on the deployant.

+1

I'm intending to pick up a 22mm deployant for my 183 at some point (it came with buckle).

dingle

thanks for the input guys.