Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

The RWG1.1 Birthday Prize Draw: RULES AND HOW TO ENTER

greg_r

The RWG1.1 Birthday Prize Draw - RULES AND HOW TO ENTER.

The prize is a superb vintage-style Radiomir homage watch built especially for the event by JohnG. The back of the watch is engraved to commemorate our first birthday. Even better, the watch comes in a beautiful wooden watchbox - hand-made by Luthier.

rwg1.jpg

rwg6.jpg

rwg4.jpg

01-20.jpg

02-24.jpg

This is an absolutely stunning prize, so don't miss out!

Before we get on to the nitty-gritty of how you could win this, Col and I would like to offer our thanks to the following for contributing to this project:

JohnG - Design and construction of the watch

Luthier - Materials, design and construction of watchbox

Getat Watch Co - donation of watch parts

Speedracerlo - donation of strap

RULES & HOW TO ENTER. Please read this carefully before entering

The prize draw is open to all active members with 25 or more posts. "Active" means that you post reasonably regularly - we expect that you will have posted a number of times within a certain period over the last few weeks - however, just to be difficult we are not letting on how many times you need to have posted or what the 'certain' period was ;) Our aim is to ensure that the prize goes to a member who is, or is in the process of becoming, a regular member of the board community - without excluding those who have only recently joined us. If you are a VIP/Supporter member, you do, of course qualify for entry regardless of post count. If in doubt, PM myself or Col. :)

TO ENTER:

The prize draw thread will be posted to the Giveaways section later this evening. You will not be able to post your entry to the thread until 00:01 GMT tomorrow. The thread will be open for entries from then until 23:59 GMT on the 24th November, at which point it will automatically close and will not permit further entries. The actual drawing of the winner will take place on the 25th and will be announced at that time.

Each entry posted to the draw thread gets a number. At the end of the draw, the random number generator at http://www.random.org will be used to pick the winning entry.

Regular members (those who qualify as above) will get one chance to enter. Supporters (i.e. members of the VIP/Supporter group) get two chances to enter. If you upgrade your membership before the close of the draw, you may claim your extra entry.

For each entry, just post a reply to the prize draw thread, which will be stickied to the top of the Giveaways forum: i.e. regular members should post one reply - supporter members should post two separate replies. Please only post the number of times that your membership level permits. Any further posts to the thread beyond your entry entitlement will be deleted. Any attempt to abuse the system (such as entering under another name) will result in your complete disqualification from the competition.

So, to recap:

• Members get: 1 post to the competition thread
  • Supporters get: 2 posts to the competition thread
  • Any additional posts to the competition thread beyond your entitlement will be deleted.

Board staff are not eligible to enter. :P

If you have any questions about the above, please post them here

or PM myself or trailboss99.

DO NOT post any replies to the actual competition thread (which will be in the Giveaways forum) other than draw entries. Thank you.

Each entry posted is automatically numbered by the board. At the end of the draw, we will use the random number generator at http://www.random.org to select one post to be the winner

My sincere thanks to Luthier, John, Speedracerlo and Tat for their hard work and generosity.

Disclaimer: Prize will be sent from the UK and will be marked as 'gift'. However, the winner will be responsible for any customs duties if incurred.

Member X

Exciting! :)

AustinTech

I want that.

dingle

It's mine. All mine. Buwahahahahahahahahaha. :thumbsup:

KBH

Me want!!!!

JohnG, Can't you make about 10 more?

graman

I'm up too....

Happy birthday RWG.....and hats off to all you guys behind the scenes!...awesome work!.....just awesome

dingle

:thumbsup:

entry #2. It will be really hard not to post here again, but I do know how to follow rules. Good luck to everyone. Thanks again to all of those who make this place special.

KinCaidk
:thumbsup:

entry #2. It will be really hard not to post here again, but I do know how to follow rules. Good luck to everyone. Thanks again to all of those who make this place special.

I hope you win! ;)

Greg> Shhhhhh!

alfo982

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :thumbsup:

greg_r

Thanks Alfo! It's actually our birthday tomorrow, but near enough :thumbsup:

Andei3000
:irish_dance:

I hope you win! :boobies3:

Greg> Shhhhhh!

good luck db ;)

post #1 :paddy_beer:

dingle

why do I have the feeling I will be getting this all day?..............................dammit, one little mistake....................

houndoggie

I will enter once.

greg_r

Just to make things clear for those who haven't properly read the first post in this thread:

THIS IS NOT THE COMPETITION THREAD!!!!!

This thread is just to make the rules clear and give you somewhere you can ask questions. The competition thread will be posted to the GIVEAWAYS forum later today and you will be able to enter at any time after midnight GMT. The competition runs for 7 days....

Now go read the first post again!!!! :irish_dance:

dingle

dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit,................ :irish_dance:

KinCaidk
I will enter onze.

naaaaaasty :irish_dance:

midasmook
Just to make things clear for those who haven't properly read the first post in this thread:

THIS IS NOT THE COMPETITION THREAD!!!!!

This thread is just to make the rules clear and give you somewhere you can ask questions. The competition thread will be posted to the GIVEAWAYS forum later today and you will be able to enter at any time after midnight GMT. The competition runs for 7 days....

Now go read the first post again!!!! :irish_dance:

I know this isn't the competition thread but I'd like to say well done to everyone who contributed to this prize, it looks a wonderful watch.

dingle

I really hope I win this thing. redemption would be great. :irish_dance:

mtt.tr

would be amusing if i won it

onzenuub
I will enter onze.

naaaaaasty :)

:irish_dance::irish_dance:

AustinTech

Too many rules, damn it! Reading and shit, Greg, don't you know that Americans don't read and have the attention span of a gnat!

dingle
Too many rules, damn it! Reading and shit, Greg, don't you know that Americans don't read and have the attention span of a gnat!

this is why I messed up earlier. :)

sconehead
I will enter once.

I claim HD's other unused entry by evoking the 'First Dibs' rule,

As voted on by the members, 'Rules of the RWGPTS (Replica Watch Guide Postwhoring and Threadcrapping Society), chapter 2, section a, sub paragraph 5c, ''A member can claim another members vote/entry on a first come, first served basis if the said member refuses to use it.'', dated April 1, Year of our Lord 2009, Liverpool, England."

:):irish_dance: :irish_dance: :irish_dance: :irish_dance: :irish_dance: :irish_dance: :irish_dance: :irish_dance:

JoeyB

That's the old "RWGPTS". Didn't you get the new one? See Iabounty for your new manual.

AustinTech

:rofl::rofl: @ scone

Any time I hear "the year our Lord" I am laughing.