dingle

great pics....I waterproof test mine the same way :lol:

onionbag

Tried and trusted technique Del, I believe they use this method at the ISO. :D

Del
:lol: @ onionbag and dingle!

Crusader

You even manage to make great pics in your bathroom, that's unbelievable :lol:

I'm glad the test went well and Murphy had nothing to do with it :)

jeffw69

submerged the submersible? :lol:

or just run under the faucet?

Pihlippe

Nice Pam Del. :thumbsup2:

Think I have to resist buying one for myself. :D

Del

You even manage to make great pics in your bathroom, that's unbelievable :lol:

Well, it was the kitchen but thanks anyway! ;)

submerged the submersible? :lol:

or just run under the faucet?

It was fully submerged in my youngest son's bath last night - under the tap was only to make a nice pic! :D

Nice Pam Del. :thumbsup2:

Think I have to resist buying one for myself. :D

Thanks mate - it's a beauty! :thumbsup2:

gez45

Fantastic pics mate.

Wiz

Fantastic pics one again!! :D

dingle

Del--

can you please show your photo set up for this......hard enough to get a decent wristie pic due to the angle. This pic is pure brilliance that most will not recognize...

:popcorn:

Del

Thanks guys! :)

@ Dingleberry - I'm glad you liked my pics. My setup was fairly simple. Camera was on a tripod, set to F5.6 (shutter speed was 1/20s on aperture priority mode), 2s delayed firing, auto focus, full zoom on my 14-42mm lense, ISO 100. I set up the tripod at the kitchen sink, tried a few test shots with different angles and water intensity and then snapped a few "proper" shots - the hardest part was getting the right light/reflection/water (there is a window behind the sink so I had to angle the watch to pick up some of the daylight to keep the shutter speed reasonable and minimise shake from my wrist - I also had my hand resting on the edge of the sink to help keep it steady). I was able to have the tripod close enough to the kitchen sink to see through the viewfinder while my wrist was under the tap - just, I was looking in sideways! (It's a mixer tap so I had it swung forward as far as possible.) I then cropped the photos on the PC to give the close-up effect.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup2:

dingle
:notworthy:

dalboy

True to form Del, amazing pics. love the watch have one on my list. I understand these are pretty much water resistant out of the box, tis a brave man to test the theory,

Dal.................

Rav747

Thanks guys! :)

@ Dingleberry - I'm glad you liked my pics. My setup was fairly simple. Camera was on a tripod, set to F5.6 (shutter speed was 1/20s on aperture priority mode), 2s delayed firing, auto focus, full zoom on my 14-42mm lense, ISO 100. I set up the tripod at the kitchen sink, tried a few test shots with different angles and water intensity and then snapped a few "proper" shots - the hardest part was getting the right light/reflection/water (there is a window behind the sink so I had to angle the watch to pick up some of the daylight to keep the shutter speed reasonable and minimise shake from my wrist - I also had my hand resting on the edge of the sink to help keep it steady). I was able to have the tripod close enough to the kitchen sink to see through the viewfinder while my wrist was under the tap - just, I was looking in sideways! (It's a mixer tap so I had it swung forward as far as possible.) I then cropped the photos on the PC to give the close-up effect.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup2:

damn! thanks for this. :) and as always, fantastic blah blah blah pics :P

gianton

Awesome pics mate!

Del

Thanks again everyone! Glad the pics went down well. I'm just happy my 243 appears to be watertight because it's going its holidays to Tenerife in three and a half weeks! :)

mostling

Yeh, cause that little stream tells you it will be fine in the pool...

highergame

waterproofed or just from factory?? but very nice pics.. I just need to get my watches so I can start working on my pic art... maybe I'll make sure I always take mine on a naked girl to help get looks haha

Steve227

Nice when it turns out to be proofed straight otb! And also nice pics ofcourse!

Ephry73

I like the beer flute method. Get a 26oz tall beer flute and just fill it with water. Let the water rest and let the watch fall to the bottom(straps Gould be of for better pictures). Then snap pictures away.

KeNnY

A M A Z I N G P I C S DEREK !

Del

Thanks for the comments on the pics everyone! :thumbsup2:

Let me clarify that this was not a "test" but merely some fun for taking the photos. I don't for one second believe that this little exercise proves that the watch is good for showering, swimming or even diving - I've been in reps long enough to know that. ;) I've already washed the watch and had it fully submerged in water for more than a couple of seconds so I already knew that it was reasonably water tight. I had heard that these 243s were pretty good for being water tight right out of the box so I took a chance with this one but it could've ended badly - a $300 gamble if you like - and I'd never ever recommend that you try this unless you are willing to risk fucking up your watch!

Hope that this has put some folk's minds at rest. :D