Sign in to follow this  
franki

Sunglasses

franki

Hi

Any recommendations for good trusted sites for rep sunglasses ???

Thanks in advance

Cyril_Clunge

Stick to the real thing unless you want rep eyes :)

franki
Stick to the real thing unless you want rep eyes :)

Lol thanks !! I wouldn't think they would give good protection just after some nice ones !!!! I'm turning in to rep man lol

solkryssare

This is an area where you do not want to go rep mate.

DFH

+1000

rep glasses are dangerous, my man - irreversible damage possible - not worth it...

franki
+1000

rep glasses are dangerous, my man - irreversible damage possible - not worth it...

Ok thank you

Crusader

I've watched a documentary few months ago, where they tested some cheap sunglases and more expensive, the ones you can buy for 10 € and around 100 €.

And the outcome was, all of them had enough UV protection, you just have to change them every 2 years, because the protection wears off faster then on some original.

But the thing is, you can never be 100 % sure, if yours are safe when you buy at that price (10 €).

Craig88

How do you change uv protection? new lenses or just taking them in to get recoated?

prelude91

As others have stated, stay away from cheap sunglasses.

jeffw69

Gen.

tommylad

Go gen. There's no comparison. There are some good websites to get reductions on gen sunglasses. I got my girlfriend some Rayban Wayfarers from perfumesclub.co.uk for £69. Well worth the money.

richardm1142

Don't mess with cheap sunglasses

zztop.jpg

Spied a little thing and I followed her all night

In a funky fine Levis and her sweater's kind of tight

She had a west coast strut that was as sweet as molasses

But what really knocked me out was her cheap sunglasses

Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

fana05

yeah dude stay away from cheap sunglasses... http://realdoctorstu.com/2011/04/26/the-shady-truth-about-sunglasses-are-your-eyes-safe/

in a nutshell: if you opt for knock-offs, they may not necessarily have uv protection. seeing that the dark tint of the lenses makes the light that reaches your eye darker, your pupils widen. now since your cheapo sunglasses don't have the uv filtering effect, the harmful uv rays will be flooding through literally burning your eyes.

Guanaco

With Ray Ban sunglasses going from $60-$150 I fail to see why one would go the rep route on sunglasses

trailboss99

Guys, go ask the guy next door at RWI who's link I posted earlier, he will get you every brand of gen you can think of at great prices.

Anyone who wears rep sunnies is insane, incredibly stupid or both. That is about as dumb as a rep crash helmet or rep climbing ropes. Dumber, in fact.

10:10 Watch Repair

I've watched a documentary few months ago, where they tested some cheap sunglases and more expensive, the ones you can buy for 10 € and around 100 €.

And the outcome was, all of them had enough UV protection, you just have to change them every 2 years, because the protection wears off faster then on some original.

I have read that too so +1.

As a result, I think trailboss just insulted me...

UmpaHimself

With Ray Ban sunglasses going from $60-$150 I fail to see why one would go the rep route on sunglasses

Same here. LV can keep their sunglasses.

three

when it comes to your face, make it feel fancy and buy some gens

Amit

No rep sunglasses mmmmmkay

Craig88

It's a pity there is not a way of safely getting reps glasses. If a simple coating was the answer that would be awesome. Ray bans might be affordable on ebay but firstly how sure are you that they are gen and secondly they are only raybans.

I think being on rep forums means we want high end brands that we generally cannot justify spending that amount of cash on so we don't settle for high quality brands like seiko. I see seiko as similar to ray bans. Nearly anyone with minimal cash can afford to buy the brand. I cannot justify spending a few hundred dollars and more on gen lv, tom ford, cartier etc but would love to wear those brands.

I would love to have something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Cartier-Aviator-Trinity-Sunglasses-with-cabachon-stones-and-Case-/350571821345?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item519fb57921

But that $500 price tag is way too much to justify. This is when I wish we had high quality rep glasses that could be modified to be uv protected fairly easily.

Guanaco

It's a pity there is not a way of safely getting reps glasses. If a simple coating was the answer that would be awesome. Ray bans might be affordable on ebay but firstly how sure are you that they are gen and secondly they are only raybans.

I think being on rep forums means we want high end brands that we generally cannot justify spending that amount of cash on so we don't settle for high quality brands like seiko. I see seiko as similar to ray bans. Nearly anyone with minimal cash can afford to buy the brand. I cannot justify spending a few hundred dollars and more on gen lv, tom ford, cartier etc but would love to wear those brands.

I would love to have something like this: http://www.ebay.com/...=item519fb57921

But that $500 price tag is way too much to justify. This is when I wish we had high quality rep glasses that could be modified to be uv protected fairly easily.

Well, you could always buy reps and have custom made sunglass lenses with proper UV Protection:

http://www.thesunglassfix.com.au/

dirtred

We already saved 10,000 on a watch. LOL Don't ride the free horse to death...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

highergame

U can just put a coat of uv protection on it.... one part black magic marker two parts rain x....... not only protects ur eyes but also blocks the rain hahaha

ogc313

Guys, go ask the guy next door at RWI who's link I posted earlier, he will get you every brand of gen you can think of at great prices.

Sorry whos the guy at RWI? Have I missed the link or is it in another thread lol..

Cheers

powderfreak

So who of you has actually tested his rep glasses...? :popcorn: