Sign in to follow this  
rizla

Broken Metal Daytona clasp/strap, suggestions for repair or replacement?

rizla

Hi,

Although I've been a member for a little while, this is my first post so apologies if I've posted in the wrong place.

I have a fairly cheap daytona chronograph, 7750 I assume. It's not very true to the gen due to the seconds location but I was happy to sacrifice accuracy in order not to have problems with secs@6. The watch works perfectly, I wasn't anticipating having problems with the strap. I caught it on something and it basically snapped.

Here are some photos:

Yd9oXl.jpg

9CUowl.jpg

The red circles indicate where the strap was presumably previously soldered.

As far as I can see, these are my options:

1. Use a metal epoxy to glue it back together. This has a shear strength of 2500 psi but I estimate the surface area to be only 2 square millimeters, giving only 8 pounds-force of strength. Presumably this would break again quickly.
  2. Attempt to resolder it myself, or try to find someone willing to do it. I'm not sure this is a great option either.
  3. Replace the strap. I have another really cheap daytona lying around somewhere which might fit it, but the strap isn't very nice at all.

I would be willing to replace the strap, but I'm aware that this watch is unusual in the sense that the strap seems to constitute part of the watch itself. I've tried to find out more about this but I'm fairly clueless to be honest. Are there any replacements available (even just generic straps which would fit!) I don't want to spend a fortune as the watch itself wasn't terribly expensive. I'm very fond of it, I just want to be able to wear it with confidence it won't fall off my wrist.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and for forgiving my limited knowledge of watches and materials!

KeNnY

Oh shit, better get new claps/bracelet from dealer around 60 USD for the bracelet, and if the claps will be 40USD get whole bracelet instead, or check forum sales maybe someone is selling claps.

ScottDy

PM sent.

xxxbusa

I have a Black Sea Dweeler the exact same thing happen to it, is there a fix or can someone guide me to a new band . Thanks Mark

Edited by xxxbusa

onionbag

I have a Black Sea Dweeler the exact same thing happen to it, is there a fix or can someone guide me to a new band . Thanks Mark

Hello and welcome, any of our trusted dealers can supply a bracelet, I suggest you send an email detailing your requirements to Mary/Rochest at Watchinternational......they can be found on our TD list at the side of the home page.

Luthier

Hello, noobz! Nice to meet you too!

:D

xxxbusa

Thank You Very Much !

Balad1

Welcome guys; bummer about the bracelets :-(

xxxbusa

It was great for about a year One of my fav rep. spot weld at the junction not the best however.