Sign in to follow this  
JohnBrown

Regulating my new Patek

JohnBrown

I just got my first rep from Michelle at Silix. I really love it; it's beautiful. It was running a bit fast so I thought I would attempt to regulate it with the help of the "How to Regulate..." thread. I was having pretty good luck (I had it to about + 15 seconds a day). Last night after a night out with my wife for dinner and wine I decided to give it another adjustment. You can see in the picture (taken with the watch upside down) at the top there are two small arms that form a "V". By mistake I moved the arm on the left - I think it may be called the stud carrier. Up until last night I had only adjusted the arm on the right (right for faster - left for slower). My watch seems out of whack now. The sweep hand is out of sync with the minute hand. Any advise??

Thanks in advance!

JB

Patekregulation.jpg

KeNnY

AdjustingSpeed.jpg

always regulate the arm with 2 "dots".

but now without proper equipment - timegrapher is is hard to regulate on blind... for you only option is hit or miss...

JohnBrown

DSSD King:

Thanks very much for your reply. I don't know what made me touch that stud carrier. The wine played a role. As you pointed out, now I'm just taking random shots at adjusting it. I've been in contact with one of our trusted repair guys and he can fix it reasonably. I will probably pack it up today and send it out to him. The Best! JB

Crusader

Nice, ''DSSD King'' is always happy to help :giggle: