Sign in to follow this  
callumcook

Rep patek keeps stopping

callumcook

Hi everybody

I'm new to this fantastic forum,have been following it for about two weeks,but this will be my first post.I

was wondering if anybody could help me...I have just went and purchased my first rep off silix,it's a fantasy patek philippe (PAP111)and it arrived today.The watch seems to run great when not being worn,but when i try wearing it,within 2 minutes it stops.Give it a small shake and it starts again.It is an asian 21j automatic movement.I have e-mailed michelle but was wondering if it is an easy fix or something more complicated.

Any help would be very appreciated as i am at a loss with this one.

Thanx

Callum

robznet

Hi Callum, welcome to the forum! 1st question - have you hand wound the watch yet?

callumcook

Hi robznet.

Thanks for the welcome m8.

Yeah,read on one of the topics that you try handwinding the watch,so gave that a try...The watch seems to run fine as long as i dont wear it,it seems to stop once i put it on my wrist.It has been sitting beside the pc for the last hour or two keeping really good time,but when i pick it up and try putting it on,the second hand has stopped by the time i turn my arm round to look at the time.

robznet

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, don't sound too good mate, wait for Michelle to get back to you, I'm sure she will sort it out but might need replacing I would think, it seems very odd that it stops only when on your wrist.

Amit

What happens if you place it down in a similar position as would be on your wrist to check the time?

It's really bad luck and especially on a first purchase.

watch.aholic

.......shhhhh! Don't let Archie know that your PATEK stopped....he wouldn't be too happy :giggle:

On a more serious not however, wait for a response from Michelle and see what she has to say...

callumcook

Thanks...Will wait to see her reply to it.Hope it doesn't need sent back,just got it today and think it looks really cool.The watch is sitting in an upright position as would be on a wrist,just seems to be when i move it,it will stop.Gutted if it's a replacement,have been told it could take about a month to get replaced

Edited by callumcook

robznet

Bit of a pisser mate but it does happen, don't let it put you off this great hobby though!

callumcook

Nah...i've already ordered another one of silix website when i've been sitting here waiting to see if the patek kept going or not lol...Going for Omega seamaster this time.Better not tell the missus though

robznet

That's the spirit mate, keep it up! :thumbsup2:

callumcook

Well,have just came in from work to see that the watch has kept perfect time,but as soon as i try and put the watch on my wrist,it stops.Michelle has suggested to try winding it manually to see if that helps but it doesn't seem to be a winding problem.Have had a closer look to see when the watch tends to stop and it looks like the watch balance wheel is sticking when at an angle which it sits when wearing it.Does anybody have any ideas that may be able to sort this problem out without having to send it back to China?

UmpaHimself

Nah...i've already ordered another one of silix website when i've been sitting here waiting to see if the patek kept going or not lol...Going for Omega seamaster this time.Better not tell the missus though

:lmao: thats it your in.

callumcook

Well that's the patek sent back to silix...just have to wait till i get it returned or replaced.Not too bad as it was only £8.50 registered post so can't complain.