Sign in to follow this  
jeffw69

Looks like a reverse Montauk Highway, AP ROO Rodeo Drive

jeffw69

Check out the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore rodeo Drive edition:

1.jpg

I want one!!!

powderfreak

AP is becoming the new Hublot - same movement every time, but hundrets of different colours available....

dingle
:facepalm:

Amit

Why are they doing this.

Just when I start to think I like them.

mspangl

OH BOY :facepalm:

jeffw69

AP is becoming the new Hublot - same movement every time, but hundrets of different colours available....

I disagree/ Hublot is ugly.

Realism

I disagree/ Hublot is ugly.

you better take this back :giggle::death:

NBJeeper

I'm with Jeff on this one. Hublot is fugly and I like this new AP even better than the Montauk Highway.

powderfreak

Just to elaborate on my comment: IMO the choice between Hublot and AP is starting to become one of looks - before I had the feeling AP is more upmarket and a more classy choice. Now both brands seem to get closer and closer, the AP still have their own (NOT necessarily better) chrono movement, but that's just about it.

What I don't get is this: Do you really need to sell a 20k$ watch in every colour imaginable? Sure, some colour combos might look nice, but the AP approach of "yeah, let's just create a new limited edition for every week of the year" is getting pathetic. Then again, some guys seem to like them... :rolleyes:

sportschick

Not sure what a reverse Montauk highway is, but the color patterns on this look really sexy to me! But it seems like a men's watch ;)

kolchak

Date window looks very

rep like. Hope it is repped cause it would look good on light brown horn back.

HWG

Jeff IMHO this is much better than the Montauk.

torobravo

Rodeo what?

jeffw69

Rodeo what?

Rodeo Drive, you know, famous street in Beverly Hills, CA?

jeffw69

Just to elaborate on my comment: IMO the choice between Hublot and AP is starting to become one of looks - before I had the feeling AP is more upmarket and a more classy choice. Now both brands seem to get closer and closer, the AP still have their own (NOT necessarily better) chrono movement, but that's just about it.

What I don't get is this: Do you really need to sell a 20k$ watch in every colour imaginable? Sure, some colour combos might look nice, but the AP approach of "yeah, let's just create a new limited edition for every week of the year" is getting pathetic. Then again, some guys seem to like them... :rolleyes:

The thing is Powder, they make very limited runs 100- 300 pieces of all these special colors/boutique editions AND people are obviously buying them for 20k+ a pop.

So, I don't think it is pathetic.

edgematic

This one exists longer than the Montauk. Looks great on the blue leather strap imo.

jeffw69

Not sure what a reverse Montauk highway is, but the color patterns on this look really sexy to me! But it seems like a men's watch ;)

It is a man's watch. Montauk Highway was a limited edition Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore:

montauk_highway_offshore_limited_edition-1-497-big.jpg

powderfreak

The thing is Powder, they make very limited runs 100- 300 pieces of all these special colors/boutique editions AND people are obviously buying them for 20k+ a pop.

So, I don't think it is pathetic.

No, not their business approach - the folks falling for it. AP Alinghi, price around 50k I believe, now look what kind of folks buy them (and what they do with them):

http://vimeo.com/27814215

U gotta love the nouveau riche :rofl:

Oh and just btw, he explains a few things that happed in the past: Not water proof, datewheel not working, you cannot wind it, AP service sucks (8 months! at AP)... better of with reps? :huh:

jeffw69
:lol: that lady in the white bikini is all sorts of ugly.

Crusader

I quite like it... white dial not so much. Maybe if they made it like Bumblebee, with blue numbers and inner bezel, in PVD. That would be interesting.

jeffw69

Rodeo what?

Toro, can you see about getting this one repped? TIA. :P

hamptons28

This is beautiful, just as I was going to put in an order for a V2 MH =(

Do you guys foresee this being repped?

Edited by hamptons28

ronin007

Would rather see the Navy themes done with correct blue!!!!!!!!

sconehead

Rodeo what?

Toro, can you see about getting this one repped? TIA. :P

...I believe you get a pair of these free with this model, http://www.wildcowbo...aps-C332-15.htm

rlx101

nowhere near as good as the reverse cowgirl