Sign in to follow this  
Steve227

6152/1 LP and 4 Liner

Steve227

Here are my two latest pieces to go with a 6154.

Just waiting for new shoes and then we are all set........................

Ingredients:

Reworked fiddy case (distressed on LP case)

Southy dials with vintage lume

Nightwatch hands

DSN caseback (engraved on 4 liner)

Nightwatch high dome plexi

asian 6497 (runs great)

IMG_8419.jpg

IMG_8420.jpg

IMG_8421.jpg

IMG_8422.jpg

IMG_8423.jpg

IMG_8424.jpg

IMG_8425.jpg

IMG_8426.jpg

Thanks for looking!

dingle
:clap:

baxter

beauties the both of them :thumbsup:

amuthon

These watches look great icon_thumbup.gif

I love southy dials.

DFH

Great stuff!!! They both look great - and that 4 liner is one of my all time faves.....

Member X

Great work :)

UmpaHimself

I love PAMs but I still don't think I get them yet. At least not like you guys.

DFH

Either it hits you right away, or sneaks up on you over time....

My dad did a business deal with them (Panerai) in the late 80's - early 90's before the Richemont takeover - he gave me the Panerai historical books and a gen (that has never been worn and is now a collector's item) that they gave to him and I have been hooked ever since...

Steve227

Definitely agree with that. I knew nothing of panerai when I joined, tried a 111, and sold it straight away. Then it gets you slowly! Breitling was my fave. The best panerai are vintage panerai....... Opinion obviously!

DFH

Definitely agree with that. I knew nothing of panerai when I joined, tried a 111, and sold it straight away. Then it gets you slowly! Breitling was my fave. The best panerai are vintage panerai....... Opinion obviously!

I agree with your opinion, kind Sir!!! :giggle:

str8

Double :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Gonna get myself a 4Liner with secs someday soon .... for now, that certain beast is playing with my mind :frusty:

DFH

Double :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Gonna get myself a 4Liner with secs someday soon .... for now, that certain beast is playing with my mind :frusty:

yeah, unfortunately with closed caseback... :giggle: We WILL find more Molnijas...!!!!

Rav747

Dont worry. It will take time. I came here to get a Tag Carrera Racing and a Navi. I have neither and i have two Pams :)

Steve227

Thank you DFH. You though sir have the ultimate!

str8
yeah, unfortunately with closed caseback... :giggle: We WILL find more Molnijas...!!!!
I have 2 to play and a Cortebert 616 on hand :giggle:

UmpaHimself

Either it hits you right away, or sneaks up on you over time....

My dad did a business deal with them (Panerai) in the late 80's - early 90's before the Richemont takeover - he gave me the Panerai historical books and a gen (that has never been worn and is now a collector's item) that they gave to him and I have been hooked ever since...

That is an awesome story. I actually really like PAMs and made my way here due to my Marina Militare homage funny enough.

Dont worry. It will take time. I came here to get a Tag Carrera Racing and a Navi. I have neither and i have two Pams :)

That's funny. My fav watch is the PO but I ended up ordering a Tag Carrera cal 16 first... then added the PO ;)

Steve227

Str8, you have a 616 ready? You put picks up?

I meant pics!

J.Eric

Just like so many before me, i found this place while searching

for a Sea Dweller. Still dont have one, but I do have a 253 & a 111

and i know the next one will be a Panerai, just can't decide which

one.

And those two are flippin amazing!!

Steve227

Str8, that is a beautiful movement and watch. Congrats mate!

str8

Str8, that is a beautiful movement and watch. Congrats mate!

Thanks Steve ... bought it for a built but have not the heart to dismantle it so it'll go into my collection as it is. Looking to get a few more 616 ...

DFH

Thank you DFH. You though sir have the ultimate!

Yeah, I do, don't I?! :giggle:

Honestly though - so proud of it, after years and years of collecting, I found the one for me, the one that fits me and my personality perfectly... Thanks for the compliment!!

fatarms

Can someone kindly tell me what a "4 liner" means? I haven't been able to find it here or online, basically looking for the origin of the name and how "4 liner" came about. As most of you know, I search pretty hard before I ask questions, this one I couldn't find.

DFH

Can someone kindly tell me what a "4 liner" means? I haven't been able to find it here or online, basically looking for the origin of the name and how "4 liner" came about. As most of you know, I search pretty hard before I ask questions, this one I couldn't find.

Panerai 4 liners are those that have 4 lines on the dial - i.e. Luminor + Panerai and Marina + Miltare, on top half and lower half of the dial. Sometimes the LP text is on top and sometimes the MM is on top...

fatarms

Panerai 4 liners are those that have 4 lines on the dial - i.e. Luminor + Panerai and Marina + Miltare, on top half and lower half of the dial. Sometimes the LP text is on top and sometimes the MM is on top...

I surmized that was the meaning but wasn't sure, I try to pay attention. Thank you for the clarification. :)