Sign in to follow this  
tommylad

[Pic Heavy] New watches and new straps: Vintage Daytona on unbelievable strap, Pam 247, Pam 380, Pam 292k and Omega Planet Ocean

tommylad

Here are some photos. A couple are of new watches and a few are of existing watches on new straps.

The jewel in the crown is my Rolex Daytona 6241 on new Donerix curved end, double ridged cayman. This watch took around a month and a half to two months from ordering to completion. First, I had to buy a Hirsch Leonardo Medici and ship it to Eric. The strap has a curved end mould which he uses for the strap. Then he had to make the strap to my specifications (fits perfectly) and then it took about two and a half weeks to arrive.

It wasn't cheap ($180ish including the Hirsch strap) but it is by far the most incredible strap I have ever owned. The curved end looks fantastic, as do the double ridges. A strap like this would go well Daytonas and Speedmasters etc. I may buy one in brown for another watch. I was inspired by straps that Crossbones and LHOOQ have on their Speedmasters.

This strap is so worth the expense. I can't stop looking at it.

The only downside is that the taper of the strap doesn't fit the 16mm Rolex buckle I bought for it. The taper is 1mm out. I have a Hirsch clasp on at the moment but may get another Rolex one.

If anyone's interested in ordering one, I'd be happy to point them in the right direction.

006-17.jpg

007-11.jpg

008-14.jpg

009-13.jpg

Next up is my new 42mm Planet Ocean Asian ETA movement. Great watch, brilliant lume. I have the bracelet and rubber strap, but was trying a black Hirsch Medici on it. Its clasp is currently on the Daytona. I am constantly switching the strap/ bracelet on this. I quite like this combo though. Again, I'm a sucker for a curved end strap.

018-6.jpg

Now we have my new Pam 380N. Very classy and wears quite small on my wrist. I have it on an old Bob strap until my Orloff black nubuck arrives. If you're deciding which Radiomir to go for, it has to be between this, 292 and 288.

013-7.jpg

014-8.jpg

Now onto my Pam 247I Feretti. Got this about a month back, but have mounted it on a brown Orloff croc. The texture of this is great and goes brilliantly with a Luminor. Took it to get a new hole punched in in an upmarket department store watchsmith and the guy was stunned at the quality for the price I paid. Can't be a bad sign.

015-7.jpg

017-5.jpg

Last but not least is my 292k. I used to have it on the 380's black Bob strap. I had Jose maria make me a Siena strap for me. It was supposed to be 24/24 but he got the measurement wrong and made it 26/22. Boy am I glad he did. It is thick, vintage looking and is the softest strap I have ever owned. The price was insane too. For two straps and two buckles (one distressed) I paid 75 euros. Love this combo and it gets a lot of comments. A guy I work with who trades gen Pams said he is going to order a couple of straps from him because he was so impressed.

010-10.jpg

012-8.jpg

Apologies for the plethora of pics.

Tommy

DFH

Great stuff, man! That Donerix strap is simply awesome and unique. Eric truly is a wizard - he is working on some new vintage straps for my big Egi, and I cannot wait!

That Daytona with that strap is killer, too bad about the buckle though! Cheers and enjoy your newest acquisitions!!!

highergame

i love those straps and watches amazing collection

Cyril_Clunge

Very nice Tom, the Daytona combo is spectacular.

g.man

Bravo sir! Bravo!

simply amazing

g.man

tommylad

He is the only strap maker who would attempt it. When I mentioned curved end to some others they just said no. He is willing to go all out to meet a request.

I'll put the buckle up for sale on here. 16mm and might work well for someone. It was only cheap, so I can just get another.

tommylad

Great stuff, man! That Donerix strap is simply awesome and unique. Eric truly is a wizard - he is working on some new vintage straps for my big Egi, and I cannot wait!

That Daytona with that strap is killer, too bad about the buckle though! Cheers and enjoy your newest acquisitions!!!

Make sure you show us some photos. I'm loving his work at the moment.

HeavyKrush

Wow. Love the weathered strap on the 292. Makes me want to buy the watch just so I can get that strap!

tommylad

Very cheap strap. Highly recommended.

NCRich

Daytona is awesome!

machiavegli
Daytona is awesome!

+1

-Mach

LeandroBR

Pam 247I Feretti + brown Orloff croc = Killer combo !!! Fantastic !

Custom made strap mate ? Mario is a great guy to work with. I've just bought one of his "vacchetta" straps for my pam 005 and now I'm looking for a croc strap like yours !

Enjoy it often ! Congrats !

jeffw69

very nice!!!

gB.

Very nice straps!

Anyway you can post a pic if the donor Hirsch strap that Eric used to make that one on the Daytona? Interested to see what it looked like beforehand.

tommylad

Very nice straps!

Anyway you can post a pic if the donor Hirsch strap that Eric used to make that one on the Daytona? Interested to see what it looked like beforehand.

It's the same strap as is on the Planet Ocean. I bought it off Ebay. You can only get 18mm or 20mm lug width straps, but Eric said he could build up an dthicken out an 18mm version so that's what I went for. It was around £30.

tommylad

Pam 247I Feretti + brown Orloff croc = Killer combo !!! Fantastic !

Custom made strap mate ? Mario is a great guy to work with. I've just bought one of his "vacchetta" straps for my pam 005 and now I'm looking for a croc strap like yours !

Enjoy it often ! Congrats !

It's the first strap in this post. Orloff is so easy to work with. I'm looking forward to my black nubuck from him.

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/new-orloff-straps-104559.html

KeNnY

Sexi !

MadeOfCheese

'Scuse the noob question but what do you mean by "curved end" - are we talking about the thin ends, and if so the taper of the cut or the "wrist radius" (if that makes sense?)

And that 292 strap is awesome - any chance you could pm me details incl Jose Maria's contact?

BluffCityBandit

'Scuse the noob question but what do you mean by "curved end" - are we talking about the thin ends, and if so the taper of the cut or the "wrist radius" (if that makes sense?)

I believe this refers to the area that goes in between the lugs. See how it's curved rather than straight? Takes away a bit of that "unsightly" gap between the case and strap.

MadeOfCheese

Oh ok, yes I see.

WOW! :drool::thud:

tommylad

Madeofcheese, I'll pm you the details this evening. I've got crap 3g signal at work. Google CB straps bog and you should find Jose Maria's page. The strap is the Siena, but most of his are great and cheap.

kolchak

you have great taste in straps!

donerix

Tommy:

I wasn't aware that you needed 16mm at the buckle side. I have 18mm Rolex buckles, if you want one just shoot me a message.

E

mackie-

Sweet collection! I love your Daytona :thumbsup:

warren

Love the Daytona! How does it look on the wrist?

I'm worried it's a tad too small at 37mm.

A wristy pic would be nice...