Sign in to follow this  
jtx0512

Where can I get a gen or clarks insert besides ebay?

Arism

Ebay is the only way to go I think.

DeLaForce

I've bought from that Texas seller, inserts are fine. But don't expect Gen quality it's $15 ....

Amit

can you tell the diff btw gen and clarks in terms of quality??

Of course there will be a difference.

SecretAgentMan

Here is the difference between a watch material insert & a gen insert, both fitted for a sub 16610, gen is on the left:

LOCAL006.jpg

LOCAL007-1.jpg

The pearl is bigger on the gen, dont know if you can see it in the pictures & the numbers are a bit thinner on the gen.......the numbers wont give it away but the pearl might...........

I bought mine on ebay, you just gotta look every day, me, I happen to look my first time & found the deal of the year on my insert with Luminova pearl, the insert was 6 years old but looks really nice, its the one on the left.............

Edited by SecretAgentMan

mspangl

Try TRF or rlx-sales.com ;)

SecretAgentMan

I cant believe some of the prices on the inserts on ebay.........$250 for a used & plenty of chips or scratches on them, unbelievable........I feel like I hit the lottery with my finding. 10 times better looking & newer & at half the price. Mine is even a Luminova & has a bright white pearl while these ones ebay look dirty & going from $250 to $300.

Edited by SecretAgentMan

dingle

I cant believe some of the prices on the inserts on ebay.........$250 for a used & plenty of chips or scratches on them, unbelievable........I feel like I hit the lottery with my finding. 10 times better looking & newer & at half the price.

yep, you got a good one mate.

brand new sealed in pouch can be found for $300

SecretAgentMan

I cant believe some of the prices on the inserts on ebay.........$250 for a used & plenty of chips or scratches on them, unbelievable........I feel like I hit the lottery with my finding. 10 times better looking & newer & at half the price.

yep, you got a good one mate.

brand new sealed in pouch can be found for $300

No offense to Rolex, but they are way over priced for $300..........I cant justify paying that kind of money for an insert. Right now you can buy a 16610 sub insert for $40 & its genuine but its in bad shape, but still, its only $40...........