Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

I have problems

Kaiser

Now that I have your attention :)

Who can help me with this? About a week ago I received a new rep with an A2824 movement. Unfortunately the watch has issues, it's running, but very erratically. Sometimes it will gain 5 minutes in half a day, sometimes it will lose ten minutes in a few hours. Most of the time it will stop after a few hours when I'm not wearing it.

I can understand a watch running too slow or too fast but I've never experienced one doing both, often during the course of a single day! :frusty:

This post isn't about dealer issues, in this case the dealer suggested going to a watchsmith or sending the watch back to China which I think is a fairly standard response.

I'm just curious as to what the issue might be and if it's an easy/inexpensive fix. Any of you horological gurus recognize these issues?

TIA

RichardMiami

All Watches will gain or lose time depending on position....does it act erratically like that even when flat on a table?

DeLaForce

I have no idea... But im sure cls could fix it no problems :)

Kaiser
All Watches will gain or lose time depending on position....does it act erratically like that even when flat on a table?

When it lies flat on a tabe it will stop after about an hour :(

Kaiser

Thanks Richard, the problem is it's running both fast and slow. That the part I don't understand!

dalboy

Little fast. ok . little slow ok. you can make an allowance for that but ...eratic..........noooooooooooooo good..

can't help i'm afraid but good luck in sorting it..send it to a modder ?

Dal............

10:10 Watch Repair

hairspring coils are sticking

onzenuub

If the watch runs fast, you must walk slower. If the watch runs slow, you must walk faster. You will end up at the same time.

jeffw69

If the watch runs fast, you must walk slower. If the watch runs slow, you must walk faster. You will end up at the same time.

This!!!!

Kaiser

Any relatively simple way of "unsticking" them?

Kaiser

:lol:

Confucius couldn't have said it any better!

bklynboy

may need a cleaning?

Any relatively simple way of "unsticking" them?

Luthier

Remove it and wash in acetone.

:D

Balad1

Ship to the man...CLS.

Kaiser

UPDATE:

Dealer has offered me 5% or $30 discount on a future purchase, what do you think? Fair deal or not?

Balad1

I haven't been following every post but am I correct that your original rep is still fucked?

If so, then no it's not a good deal.

Kaiser

Yep, origial rep is still fucked. Choice is between shipping back to China (at my expense) and probably waiting a loong time to get the watch back or the offered discount

Realism

$30 on a repair that will cost more than that... no mas

Balad1

Yep, origial rep is still fucked. Choice is between shipping back to China (at my expense) and probably waiting a loong time to get the watch back or the offered discount

Ship it back, don't let them off the hook.

PS: What did you pay for the rep?

Kaiser

$348

Jorge-(WhoreHay)

Hell no! Send it back... For what you paid you deserve a "flawlessly" working watch. I returned one that I paid $215. And yes, you have to wait a long time for it to get repaired or replaced and shipped back.

If you take $30 credit on a future purchase, that will only cover the shipping charges! Basically, he'll send a new watch to you with free shipping. Meanwhile, if you have to get if fixed, it is no less that $100 or $150 including shipping, and provided that you don't need any spare parts.

However, if you want it that bad, and cannot be without if for 8-12 weeks, then do whatever you feel like it.

Kaiser

Thanks for the input guys, I didn't really feel like sending it back and having to wait maybe 3 months to get it back but I suppose it's the sensible thing to do, might just do that

Cheers

Dendo

Send it back and be patient would be my advice.

Balad1

$348

Sweet Jesus, send that mofo back tomorrow Bro.