Sign in to follow this  
UmpaHimself

(Pics) Seamaster: Planet Ocean

UmpaHimself

Finally got my camera charged for the shoot. Received this PO from Rochest Friday morning. As some of you may have read, I thought it was acting up. After an entire day of wear it has been running smoothly and this morning still ticking away so I think the issue was that it just needed to be broken in as others mentioned. Anyways it's a stunning watch. Every time I look down at my wrist I smile, so thats got to be a good sign. Again thanks to this great forum and all the members for there help.

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

This pic was to show how centered the pearl is with 12. Very nice.

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

I've got to say that the lume on this watch, while most likely not the greatest, is WAY better than any gen watch of compatible value.

IMG_2011.jpg

NFleischer

Very nice! That's the 42mm version? A great rep, better, IMHO, than the 45mm UPO.

UmpaHimself

Very nice! That's the 42mm version? A great rep, better, IMHO, than the 45mm UPO.

Yeah 42mm. At first it seemed really small, and it still does comparing to my other watches. I think I like the size though, a nice change. I would still like to pick up an orange bezel 45 UPO as well though.

UmpaHimself

Also, can't wait until they rep that grey bezel jeff keeps showing us on his Gen

B5GLX

Looks very good--this one is on my short list!

"There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

sam1965uk

very nice watch enjoy

dalboy

Umpa, nice shots mate ...

Nice when it makes you smile..means its worth the money..

One bit of advice ..........................................

Fire the maid ..........

whats with all the dust on the case handle... :giggle:

Dal...................

UmpaHimself
Umpa, nice shots mate ... Nice when it makes you smile..means its worth the money.. One bit of advice .......................................... Fire the maid .......... whats with all the dust on the case handle... :giggle: Dal...................

Hahaha, thanks Dal! Yeah, that's actually my guitar amp. You can see a couple of my babies in the background. Definitely time for a dusting ;) but you don't even notice until the pictures are blown up on your computer screen.

Luthier

Time to buy a few destros, mate.

baxter

Nice Umpa - on my list as well - tried a 45 mm in an AD the other day and with the bracelet it was somehow just a bit much for me - the 42mm on the other hand perfect.

good to see the collection coming together sir .... is that a 335 i see in the background ? :)

UmpaHimself

Time to buy a few destros, mate.

"Destros"?

Nice Umpa - on my list as well - tried a 45 mm in an AD the other day and with the bracelet it was somehow just a bit much for me - the 42mm on the other hand perfect.

good to see the collection coming together sir .... is that a 335 i see in the background ? :)

FUCK YES IT IS! :D I will now use this opportunity to show off. Also because I shot this today!

No reps here. All American craftsmanship at it's best!

IMG_2096.jpg

Crusader

Play us something Umpa :D

Great looking watch, how is the blue AR in person? Is it strong or is it visible just under few angles, like some does?

Luth is refering to Destros as Panerais, made for right arm. A term watch collector simply must know :D

jeffw69
:thumbsup:

conx

Quite like yours Jeff :)

HeavyKrush

Congrats Umpa. Need to see a video of you rocking out man.

baxter

Quality axe collection Umpa - is your gold top a traditional or a standard ? and what's the one on the far end?

can't do a fender myself but love their sound!! ........... and a boogie to finish it all off - that's one classic & solid collection - what sort of stuff do you play ?

UmpaHimself
Play us something Umpa :D Great looking watch, how is the blue AR in person? Is it strong or is it visible just under few angles, like some does? Luth is refering to Destros as Panerais, made for right arm. A term watch collector simply must know :D

The blue AR is not really overwhelming. It's present but subtle enough. Ooooh got it, I like the crown facing the opposite direction though.

Thanks Krush. No video but here is a song I'm working on:

http://www.muziboo.com/War_Rior/music/someones-missing/

Quality axe collection Umpa - is your gold top a traditional or a standard ? and what's the one on the far end? can't do a fender myself but love their sound!! ........... and a boogie to finish it all off - that's one classic & solid collection - what sort of stuff do you play ?

Thanks Baxter. Spent a great deal of time/money on it :D The gold top is a Classic 1960 model with those burtbuckers or whatever. I replaced the neck with a SD Phat90 and the bridge is a hand wound humbucker I had a guy from another forum do for me over in California, like a real hot PAF style. I added some black appointments as well like the guard, knobs and PU covers. The far guitar is a 1981 Fender Bullet. A pretty sweet and rare piece. I play a large variety of stuff. My guitar playing is more bluesy but when I'm recording music it's in a kind of Dream Pop style. I can post some if your interested.

Mark9117

Awesome watch. Nice guitar collection and that Mesa amp is not to be sneezed at either.

Mark

mrs1986

Great watch umpa, the red numbers in person are great!!! Enjoy it!!!

BTW does your clasp work ok??

baxter
Play us something Umpa :D Great looking watch, how is the blue AR in person? Is it strong or is it visible just under few angles, like some does? Luth is refering to Destros as Panerais, made for right arm. A term watch collector simply must know :D

The blue AR is not really overwhelming. It's present but subtle enough. Ooooh got it, I like the crown facing the opposite direction though.

Thanks Krush. No video but here is a song I'm working on:

http://www.muziboo.c...meones-missing/

Quality axe collection Umpa - is your gold top a traditional or a standard ? and what's the one on the far end? can't do a fender myself but love their sound!! ........... and a boogie to finish it all off - that's one classic & solid collection - what sort of stuff do you play ?

Thanks Baxter. Spent a great deal of time/money on it :D The gold top is a Classic 1960 model with those burtbuckers or whatever. I replaced the neck with a SD Phat90 and the bridge is a hand wound humbucker I had a guy from another forum do for me over in California, like a real hot PAF style. I added some black appointments as well like the guard, knobs and PU covers. The far guitar is a 1981 Fender Bullet. A pretty sweet and rare piece. I play a large variety of stuff. My guitar playing is more bluesy but when I'm recording music it's in a kind of Dream Pop style. I can post some if your interested.

Nice Umpa - liked the song you posted - re the gold top mine is an unmodded 2009 traditional ( unchambered ) model - i love it !! I also have a 1980's wine red std which was my first one and a joe bonamassa custom shop signature model ( which i got signed by the man himself when he played in my city & is slowly becoming my favourite guitar) also Es 175, trussart steelcaster deluxe, trussart steel deville w/bigsby and gretsch Brian setzer hot rod in matt black ( sweet!!) would really like to finally find a strat which i can play well - had a couple and a couple of tele's but had to let them go as i just wasn't feeling them. I will keep trying no doubt !!

so nice to see another collector ( i guess our watch collections will follow suit :) )

what's the bullet sound like - more strat or tele ( or both ? )

Also have a boogie ( nomad 45 ) insanely loud so doesn't get used much as i live in an apartment so i mostly play using a vox DA5 practice amp - unbelievably good sound for a mini transistor amp.

Oh yes and did i say .... nice watch !! ;)

Seiti71

Nice! :)

RichardMiami

Well Done! I am glad that the movement settled in for you! Remember that for all your future automatics! :D

UmpaHimself

Great watch umpa, the red numbers in person are great!!! Enjoy it!!!

BTW does your clasp work ok??

It's ok, not great though.

Nice Umpa - liked the song you posted - re the gold top mine is an unmodded 2009 traditional ( unchambered ) model - i love it !! I also have a 1980's wine red std which was my first one and a joe bonamassa custom shop signature model ( which i got signed by the man himself when he played in my city & is slowly becoming my favourite guitar) also Es 175, trussart steelcaster deluxe, trussart steel deville w/bigsby and gretsch Brian setzer hot rod in matt black ( sweet!!) would really like to finally find a strat which i can play well - had a couple and a couple of tele's but had to let them go as i just wasn't feeling them. I will keep trying no doubt !!

so nice to see another collector ( i guess our watch collections will follow suit :) )

what's the bullet sound like - more strat or tele ( or both ? )

Also have a boogie ( nomad 45 ) insanely loud so doesn't get used much as i live in an apartment so i mostly play using a vox DA5 practice amp - unbelievably good sound for a mini transistor amp.

Oh yes and did i say .... nice watch !! ;)

Wow sweet collection. I love ES175s and that Gretsch sounds right up my alley. My tele is kind of unique. It's an 06 Am Dlx special which came with noiseless pickups that year that sounds amazing, very mellow and smooth. The neck is also killer, it's U shaped and can only be found on 2 or 3 different models. Also had a hard time finding a strat until I traded for this Robert Cray model with a hardtail bridge, it's killer! The bullet sounds like a tele but it doesn't have brass saddles so it kind of sounds like a strat as well, also has a darker sound. I believe the pickups on it are old stock Mustang pickups that Fender had lying around, as this was the "student" model of the 80s. I love the Mesa, it has three watt settings 5,15, & 30 so I can rock however loud or quiet I want. I also have a decent pedal collection but I'll save that for another time ;)

Well Done! I am glad that the movement settled in for you! Remember that for all your future automatics! :D

Thanks I will Rich. I'm going to be in touch with you this week.