Sign in to follow this  
jtx0512

Do ppl around you appreciate the beauty of AP Royal oak?

jtx0512

I remember hearing the name AP as one of the utmost prestigious watch company before I got to see any piece from them and the very first watch I saw was Royal Oak. My first reaction was..well..a bit disappointing: Even up until recently, I wasnt really into them. But somehow it was growing on me so rapidly and hard, unconciously, and last night, I found myself marveling at its beauty for many hours. I feel like I finally opened up my eyes to appreciate its ultra-modern and sleek design.

There are many guys at my work who are into watches, although not on same scale with us, and I showed them some pics of ROO: the bottom line is they dont like it.

I know what it matters is how YOU feel cuz you are the one who owns it. But dont you guys have the feeling where you like something so much and want ppl around you to feel the same about it?

Is it normal amongst non-hardcore watch fans or should I get a new job?

jeffw69

Get a new job!

I also find myself, up late at night, browsing the AP website. It gets me kind of excited.

Realism

Get a new job!

I also find myself, up late at night, browsing the AP website. It gets me kind of excited.

bitch get so easily roused up :giggle:

jeffw69
:rofl:

jtx0512
Get a new job!

I also find myself, up late at night, browsing the AP website. It agets me kind of excited.

An opening for a credit analyst, anyone?

Luthier

Shoot all AP haters and hire AP lovers.

mianos

It's a funny thing the GG Royal Oak design. When you see it in a photo the first time you go 'ho hum'. After a while you see a few more shots and go, 'hmm kinda quirky but kinda nice'. Then, later, you pick one up for your collection and end up really liking it. I think kenny can attest he was 'ho hum' about them until I gave him one and he has not had it off the wrist ever since. For me I think it's also the same with the PP Nautilus, when you come around there is something about GG designs that are kinda magic on the wrist.

I can easily understand people going 'not really into that quirky look' when they first see them, I know I was the same and now I am thinking I might buy a gen if I can sneak it past my misses.

not_finbar
But somehow it was growing on me so rapidly and hard, unconciously, and last night, I found myself marveling at its beauty for many hours.

I agree Royal Oaks are beautiful, but were you by any chance stoned at the time? ;)

baxter

I concur - used to see them and think " okay but nothing special " but then i joined this forum and started being exposed to them on a daily basis and yes, they started to grow on me. Now at first i thought maybe i'm being suckered in because everyone else likes them but thought i'd get one and see. When it ( a v2 diver ) arrived, it was immediate - love at first sight, then i put it on and it got even better - it just sits beautifully on the wrist, everything on the watch seems to compliment everything else - a near perfect marrying of shapes, finishes and materials. After having owned many nice watches over the years there had been only 2 which had enduring appeal to me Rolex submariner and Panerai Luminor 44mm, In the flesh the AP Diver immediately took its place in this category for me. It's a showy watch but somehow manages to show some restraint, if that makes sense.

Mianos i agree, If i were to be buying another Gen this would be it ( and a tudor heritage chrono)

Fuck it i've just talked myself into a V3 ........... calling Toro ;)

Member X

now I am thinking I might buy a gen if I can sneak it past my misses.

Good luck with that one! :lol: LoL

I agree with the comments above, though - they are a bit 'meh', a bit boring when you see them at first, then you see a wristie and see how they are understated yet make a statement at the same time.

I want a AP RO Jumbo rep baaaadly but the reps are not great quality :(

baxter

want a jumbo as well and was going to pull the trigger soon - in what way are they poor MX ?

looks like i may be forced to fastrack my secs @ 12 purchase !!

Also i have a question for you all - should i get my V2 Diver ( swiss ) modded or get a V3 swiss ?

Ta.

Member X

want a jumbo as well and was going to pull the trigger soon - in what way are they poor MX ?

MR said that he will not sell them because they are poor quality, and Wiz confirmed this - he said that they leak badly from the crystal and if the caseback is screwed in fully, the rotor rubs on it :rolleyes:

I'm a bit gutted, I want one!! :(

mianos

I already had a modded 1-2 and now my new v3 is on a world tour via Madrid then stopping in to the base of the Tatras for some mountain air before coming over to north western Slovakia. :-)

baxter

MR said that he will not sell them because they are poor quality, and Wiz confirmed this - he said that they leak badly from the crystal and if the caseback is screwed in fully, the rotor rubs on it :rolleyes:

I'm a bit gutted, I want one!! :(

cheers for the info MX - sounds pretty damming - shame - oh well secs at 12 it is then !!

Member X

Is a real shame, they look so good :(

newbie2replicas
MR said that he will not sell them because they are poor quality, and Wiz confirmed this - he said that they leak badly from the crystal and if the caseback is screwed in fully, the rotor rubs on it :rolleyes: I'm a bit gutted, I want one!! :(
cheers for the info MX - sounds pretty damming - shame - oh well secs at 12 it is then !!

On RWI They had a thread about the new 41mm RO Jumbo being pushed by Angus to the Noobfac (same guys that brought us Diver v3) - got on there and cast your vote!!!

jtx0512
But somehow it was growing on me so rapidly and hard, unconciously, and last night, I found myself marveling at its beauty for many hours.

I agree Royal Oaks are beautiful, but were you by any chance stoned at the time? ;)

lol nah..although, it coulda been better

Edited by jtx0512

Member X
MR said that he will not sell them because they are poor quality, and Wiz confirmed this - he said that they leak badly from the crystal and if the caseback is screwed in fully, the rotor rubs on it :rolleyes: I'm a bit gutted, I want one!! :(

On RWI They had a thread about the new 41mm RO Jumbo being pushed by Angus to the Noobfac (same guys that brought us Diver v3) - got on there and cast your vote!!!

I may well do that!

FLArch

AP old money

Panerai new munny

houndoggie
AP old money

Panerai new munny

Wrong.

New money is Hublot.

jeffw69

Yep, Lebron and Jay-Z are definitely old money. :facepalm:

arancini

Never felt much for APs.

Then again, plenty of people I've spoken to aren't all that impressed by PAMs, which I absolutely love.

Different strokes.

George.
AP old money

Panerai new munny

Wrong.

New money is Hublot.

+1000000

Hublot = very 'nouveau riche'

Only really realised it after my V6 arrived...

George.

Yep, Lebron and Jay-Z are definitely old money. :facepalm:

:lmao2:

McJules

at first, when i joined the forum here and saw all the craze about the AP ROO, i thought it was the ugliest watch around.

today, one of my favorite timepiece in my collection is the AP ROO diver.

they truly are amazing pieces!