Sign in to follow this  
madcatlancelot

TC 93160A Seadweller bracelet (picts)

madcatlancelot

I found this TC 93160A bracelet from TC's blogspot while I was browsing the LV and thought this might be a good bracelet replacement for the new superlume Seadweller. The 93160A bracelet has a polished sides and is made specifically for the Seadweller.

TC's submariner bracelet is known to have a good quality feel compared to other reps so I decided to get one of the SD bracelet to try.

Here are the picts.

TC93160ASDbracelet01.jpg

The clasp has the same quality and feel with the TC sub bracelet, nice springy action when opening, and crisp engravings. Some people noted that the TC sub bracelet has the SWISSMADE wordings are engraved without space, it is the same here with the SD bracelet.

TC93160ASDbracelet03.jpg

TC93160ASDbracelet04.jpg

Most of the rep Rolex bracelets from noob or from the new superlume Rolex reps has a big gap in between the clasp and the bracelet, the TC 93160A bracelet doesn't have that big gap and looks nice and snug.

TC93160ASDbracelet02.jpg

The TC 93160A bracelet is a pain to fit to the new superlume Seadweller, you need a lot of force to align the SEL to the case. This probably needs some sanding to make it nice as smooth.

TC93160ASDbracelet05.jpg

TC93160ASDbracelet06.jpg

The TC 93196A bracelet fits better and easier with the old SSD case, still, it's not a perfect fit and has room for improvement.

TC93160ASDbracelet07.jpg

For those of you who are looking for an alternative bracelet for your new superlume Seadwellers, you need to consider that this requires few shaving to make it fit. At the minimum, you will get a better clasp with the TC bracelet to replace the normal rep bracelet clasp. Thanks for reading!

Ephry73

Looks good. I wonder if there's a 93160 with correct end link for the 666 cases with hole-trough lugs. Looks great. TC how much?

gB.

Very nice! Enjoy.

:D

Ephry73

I'm getting one. E

hnic

very nice

Caliper

No lume shot? :(

Nice bracelet indeed.

SecretAgentMan

Does TC sell or did he ever sell the Sea Dweller?

dingle

not yet....he has a dial available as of now.....rumors of the watch to follow......

:Whistle:

ks653

not yet....he has a dial available as of now.....rumors of the watch to follow......

:Whistle:

Oh man.. I am going to be waiting for that one!

madcatlancelot

Me too, I hope that rumor is true, although it might bring back some ill feelings towards the abandoned WM9 seadweller pre-order....

For now, I'm content to have sent the SD to Wiz for some modding, I'm sure it'll look great! And when it returns, this will be the bracelet that will complete the SD mini-project.

Ephry73

Apparently the dial doesn't fit the SSD cases. I'm definitely getting a pair of bracelets. Sent him an email but he's out of town. E

Ephry73

I got mine and fitted it with a gen diver's extension and 2mm long springbars as my case is drilled through. Awesome fit!

E

ics1821

looks good!

MadeOfCheese

Very nice - might have to get one of those to go with my SSD :B):

Thanks for the review :thumbsup:

Rolexrudy

Hoping this wont be a pain in the ass to get in .... Did you sand and what grit ? I have a file I was going to use ... Can you post a pic of a proper fitment and highlight where to file ?

Rolexrudy

My tc bracelet should be here any day now -- I haven't even looked at my BPSD I've had it two weeks ...

madcatlancelot

The TC SD bracelet's SELs are a bit wide and needs filing and sanding to fit, so I took out the metal file set and get ready to shave. TC SD bracelet on the left, BP factory SD bracelet on the right side of the photo...

DSC_1061_resize_zps973b62c8.jpg

This is the TC SD SEL before the job, plastic was left in the bracelet to protect the other links.

DSC_1062_resize_zps62573b3b.jpg

Shaving starts, alternating from side to side. After few strokes, I always try to fit the SEL to see if i've shaved enough to have a good fit. Shaving bit by bit and fit testing helped in avoiding to overshave the SELs.

DSC_1073_resize_01_zps4c2c6c03.jpg

After few minutes, one of the bracelet has a nice fit.

DSC_1064_resize_zpsc89db792.jpg

Repeating the process for the 2nd bracelet until it fits too.

DSC_1065_resize_zps01c753ad.jpg

Using the fine sandpaper, I smoothened the sides of the SEL before putting it in the watch. When I used the springbars that came with the BP SD, the TC SD bracelet moves around a little bit, so I used the 2mm springbars that came with the TC SD bracelet. The 2mm springbars made the fitting nice and tight.

DSC_1077_resize_zps158f0831.jpg

DSC_1074_resize_zpsa35438e6.jpg

DSC_1078_resize_zps55f1b582.jpg

Wristshot to finish the operation, I'm just happy that I didn't mess this up. :thumbsup:

DSC_1080_resize_zps747a9e6a.jpg

I read other members just need to sand a bit to fit the TC SD bracelet, it means there's some small differences with the bracelet SELs.

SSTEEL

Great job, and photos :thumbsup:

Edited by SSTEEL

mostling

I have both the watch and the bracelet incoming, can't wait!