Sign in to follow this  
Hazz

Hands not alligned

Hazz

Hands on one of my Pams do not sit correct, when on the hour, ie at 3 o'clock the hour hand is not sitting @3, is it just a case of taking out the movement

and adjusting them, been like this since day one, but never worn it.

greg_r

Yup - simple matter of removing and refitting the hands.

Hazz

but no tools to remove, presume I can just prevent minute hand from moving and move hour hand a bit.

10:10 Watch Repair

but no tools to remove, presume I can just prevent minute hand from moving and move hour hand a bit.

Probably not. You can damage the teeth on the wheels if you do that. It's possible the hand will slip into the correct position though. So if you're feeling lucky...

Arism

My 292k had the same problem, just removed and refitted the hands and problem solved. Any local watchmaker should be able to do the job for you.

Hazz

Just back from watchmaker, forget it 30GBP, for a 10 min job, I will need to get a tool kit, and do those little things myself.

Hazz

Did it myself,,:)

hands.jpg

Dendo

Nice job Hazz.

Always wondered why chrono hands have such a problem slipping from the correct reset position.

I guess it is just a question of removing and refitting them but it happens so often - bad design, or overuse or what?

At least with the quartz versions you can move them around but not automatic movements.

KeNnY

30 GBP for setting hands ?!?! unbelievable, not worth more then 1-2 GBP lol. And great job Hazz ! :)

onionbag

Good job mate, I hope that wisnae my recommendation who tried to charge you that, I've seen her strip down a watch in a couple of minutes.

Hazz

No, it wasn't her,

Thanks Guys

dingle

Good work mate. Hopefully they will stay in the correct position. :)

Nice job Hazz.

Always wondered why chrono hands have such a problem slipping from the correct reset position.

I guess it is just a question of removing and refitting them but it happens so often - bad design, or overuse or what?

At least with the quartz versions you can move them around but not automatic movements.

because rep hands usually aren't tight enough. in general every part on a rep is not manufactured to the same tolerance as it's Swiss counterpart, but that should be obvious.

Dendo

Nice job Hazz.

because rep hands usually aren't tight enough. in general every part on a rep is no manufactured to the same tolerance and it's Swiss counterpart, but that should be obvious.

Thanks. So it is simply the hand slipping on the pinion - nothing to do with the internal workings of the reset mechanism.

I guess the movements are made to one tolerance and the hands are added later based on what the factory is trying to rep - makes sense. Thx. D

Thanks. So it is simply the hand slipping on the pinion - nothing to do with the internal workings of the reset mechanism.

I guess the movements are made to one tolerance and the hands are added later based on what the factory is trying to rep - makes sense. Thx. D

Exactly, different makers / assemblers.

It's the hand slipping, the seconds hand especially resets with a lot of speed = force, and it's a long hand meaning a lot of acceleration at the tip