Sign in to follow this  
johnnoblin

Small wrist woes

johnnoblin

I love the look of APs. I'm looking to get either the Safari or the Diver, leaning towards the v3 diver at the moment. Here's my problem: my wrist circumference is 6". I like the look of bigger watches and wear my 44mm PAM just fine, but the great thing about PAMs is being able to swap out the band for a shorter one of even a NATO.

Looking at the AP diver, is there any way to find good fitting rubber strap? Would the SS bracelet fit if I removed all the links? I've searched the forum and nobody seems to have posted the length of the bracelet/strap before.

KeNnY

Well, I had the V3 AP diver, and the strap is a bit bigger from the V1/V2 version, maybe about half cm. I was able to put it on last hole of that rubber strap (my wrist is 16.5 cm) and if felt really comfortable on the wrist,. But don't know how it will fit yours, maybe it will be a little gap there mate :(

johnnoblin

Well, I had the V3 AP diver, and the strap is a bit bigger from the V1/V2 version, maybe about half cm. I was able to put it on last hole of that rubber strap (my wrist is 16.5 cm) and if felt really comfortable on the wrist,. But don't know how it will fit yours, maybe it will be a little gap there mate :(

Do you know the dimensions (in mm) of the AP rubber strap that comes with the V3 diver?

slooowr6

My wrist is 6 1/4". I need to put one extra hole on my V3 AP diver or it'll wear very loose.

mianos
Well, I had the V3 AP diver

Past tense kenny? I hope you got a good price. ;)

newbie2replicas

I love the look of APs. I'm looking to get either the Safari or the Diver, leaning towards the v3 diver at the moment. Here's my problem: my wrist circumference is 6". I like the look of bigger watches and wear my 44mm PAM just fine, but the great thing about PAMs is being able to swap out the band for a shorter one of even a NATO.

Looking at the AP diver, is there any way to find good fitting rubber strap? Would the SS bracelet fit if I removed all the links? I've searched the forum and nobody seems to have posted the length of the bracelet/strap before.

You can buy the gen short strap from an AD... That's what other folks are doing. From what I've heard, anything smaller than 6.5cm for the rubber is too small, and the bracelet is even looser...

Sorry.

greg_r

I haven't tried the diver, but for me an AP ROO wears significantly larger than a 44mm PAM - to the point of being a bit too bulky for my tastes (and I'm comfortable with anything up to a 52mm Panerai Mare Nostrum). It's an individual thing, though - there are no hard and fast rules with regard to wrist size vs watch size - it's very much a personal preference.

See if you can find somewhere to try one on first before committing yourself.

KeNnY
Well, I had the V3 AP diver

Past tense kenny? I hope you got a good price. ;)

:lol: :lol: Haha nono still on my desk in original packaging :D

mianos

I want to see a nice holiday wristie while it is over their getting some summer holidays in the mountain air.

KeNnY

I want to see a nice holiday wristie while it is over their getting some summer holidays in the mountain air.

Okeee will take pic with tatras and for sure you will wear it on GTG here in Poprad !

johnnoblin

Anyone able to comment on the perceived size difference between a Hublot Big Bang (44mm) and the AP diver? Was thinking of getting the V7 Ice Bang.

digger2

I have just ordered the V3 on rubber from Toro and will tell how it is on my wrist later, tightened the measurement band very much it is 17,0 cm or between 6,5 and 6,75"

Kenny, is your wrist really 16,5cm? looks like it is much bigger in the vids and pics, but if it is near the truth I will be fine with the V3 I suppose :-) I was a bit worried that I should have to buy a shorter rubber or a bracelet.

MtnDew1

BB and diver look the same size, BB with rubber will fit u better than any AP ROOs, because they can fit 6.3 wrists.

I put my diver on a bracelet and its loose on my 6.5

diegosaenz

I have around 6.3-4 around there, and I can rock an AP, I also rock a ploprof and looks fine. I just wouldn't go about 50mm that is a bit much.

diegoAP.jpg