Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Another unique JohnG pickup.

JohnG

Another project for the project, the movement AND dial will be transplanted, probably into a modded Radiomir case. I want to put weld solid 26mm lugs onto a 45mm radiomir case and install THIS:

Komandirskiye Commander 1951, Molnija 3601 movement, $52 on the Bay:

m8471.JPG

m8472.JPG

m8474.JPG

m8476.JPG

dingle

nice john. Your skills amaze me.

Member X

Damn you!!

I need to get building...

houndoggie

Should be interesting. Good pickup nonetheless.

sconehead

Great minds think alike...or is it idiots seldom differ? :monkeypuzzle:

I picked this up for the movement but if I like it I'll keep as is, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT for $55 shipped to the U.K last thursday, the seller reckons this one is pre-1940. It'd be interesting to compare serials John. ;)

I can't seem to save/copy the pics off the bay using firefox though, any hints/tips?

Bought this one for a future Pam project too, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

greg_r

Interesting pickup. I'm not sure I like the dial, to be honest, but it'll certainly be different!

JohnG
Great minds think alike...or is it idiots seldom differ? ;)

I picked this up for the movement but if I like it I'll keep as is, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT for $55 shipped to the U.K last thursday, the seller reckons this one is pre-1940. It'd be interesting to compare serials John. :lol:

I can't seem to save/copy the pics off the bay using firefox though, any hints/tips?

Bought this one for a future Pam project too, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

They are "dynamic" image tags, don't know if that has anything to do with it - you could try with IE - I have Chrome, can save them but can't hotlink them here....

I don't think it could be pre-1940, it is a molnija 3601, which means it was built on the Rolex tooling bought by the Soviets. I think they bought the equipment in the 50's and I am 100% sure they didn't buy it pre-1940, it was after the war for sure.

I love these watches, the dials are very soviet-retro-kool. They deserve to stay mated to the movements....

JohnG
Interesting pickup. I'm not sure I like the dial, to be honest, but it'll certainly be different!

What, you don't like commies?

13122692_fbd3200bbc.jpg

greg_r

You should be able to simply drag the image to your desktop

houndoggie

I had no idea!! I've been using FF for years and did not know that. THanks!!!

AustinTech

John - is that a pic from Obama's inauguration?

:lol:

dingle

is this going to be the "christmas gift" giveaway?

sconehead

Just tried, got 'javasscript not available'...how about you HD?

greg_r

Just tried, got 'javasscript not available'...how about you HD?

hmm - works for me - but only if you try to copy the 'enlarged' version of the image.

Edit: Hang on, I see what's happening here. It used to work (long time since I've copied an image from the bay), but they've partially broken it. You can copy the 'enlarged' version of the image - but only if there's only one image posted. If there are several uploaded, their butt-headed slideshow script stops it working - in which case your only real option is to hit 'print screen' and paste the image into something like MS paint - at which point you can cut out the bit you want to use and save that to your desktop.

Pain in the ass. My bad.

bob bean
Great minds think alike...or is it idiots seldom differ? :monkeypuzzle:

I picked this up for the movement but if I like it I'll keep as is, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT for $55 shipped to the U.K last thursday, the seller reckons this one is pre-1940. It'd be interesting to compare serials John. ;)

I just tried to save the embedded images with firefox and had no problems at all, just right click>Save image as. Not the slide show pictures though.

The Moli that he claims to be a pre 1940s is marked as being made in July/Aug/Sept of 1953 or 3-54

Nice movement though.

Rob.

sconehead
Great minds think alike...or is it idiots seldom differ? :Drinking2:

I just tried to save the embedded images with firefox and had no problems at all, just right click>Save image as. Not the slide show pictures though.

The Moli that he claims to be a pre 1940s is marked as being made in July/Aug/Sept of 1953 or 3-54

Nice movement though.

Rob.

I took it with a pinch of salt anyway, good info on the dating, 3-54 would mean March '54 to me...

I'll give the image thing another try...:monkeypuzzle:

sconehead

BdUIBQBWkKGrHqEOKkMEq3ObZ6bBK41EKEJ.jpg

BdUQfwWkKGrHqIOKkQEq25PIhOBK41EkGlI.jpg

;)

bob bean
I took it with a pinch of salt anyway, good info on the dating, 3-54 would mean March '54 to me...

The first digit in the dating number denotes the quarter in which it was manufactured, the second part denotes the year.

3-54

This why you wont find a Molji with the first number over 4. ;)

sconehead

The first digit in the dating number denotes the quarter in which it was manufactured, the second part denotes the year.

3-54

This why you wont find a Molji with the first number over 4. ;)

Excellent...

KBH

So JohnG is a communist sympathizer.

Luthier should be along any time now.

KGB

Novesh

commanders watch, nice

JohnG

Just picked up another, $16 + shipping :irish_dance: This one will go into a 3646 I think. The first one I bought (a few weeks ago) will go into a 6152-1,

molniaf1A.jpg

molniam1.jpg

KBH

If you need another, there's one like that for sale on the Geek for $65, just dropped down from $70.

sconehead

Great stuff John, I was watching that one but picked up another for £21 shipped two days ago so didn't bother, that's the cheapest I've seen one go for to date. Looks in great condition. Varna...isn't that where Dracula sailed from.... :irish_dance:

We'll be putting VDB and Nightwatch out of business between us by cornering the 3601 market...:irish_dance:

sconehead
If you need another, there's one like that for sale on the Geek for $65, just dropped down from $70.

Post a thread 'Cheap Molnija's everywhere on the bay', throw in a couple of links and scupper the sale KB...:irish_dance: