Sign in to follow this  
jtx0512

Anybody bought the "best version sub" from TD?

jtx0512

http://www.timeshops.net/11859-ro1100hou-rolex-submariner-blk-dial-bezel-ss-ss-tw-best-edition-asian-3135.html (Asian Clone but 316F case)

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=797 (Swiss ETA)

Ever since the green sub has grown on me, I've been seeking for the best alternative to TC's V version without insert. The reason being is that It's hard to find a gen insert and even if I find one, the green bezel runs you around $450.

so I came across several so-called "Best or ultimate sub" in our TD's websites and I know that I'd have to do my own research on these matters but couldn't find much info on these mid-priced(?) subs. People on these forum seem to go with either TC or BK's sub for quality or go with really low priced subs priced around $100~ $130.

How is the bezel insert on these "best or ultimate" sub?

Luthier

It's good.

ma0am

I am getting confused here too: best, ultimate Nr. 1... Who wants my money?

I went ahead and bought a DSSD Best Mega-Ultimate from Toro. So we shall see :D

In the end I guess from a certain price-point they're all the same case from N-Factory, and just the movement is different?!

greg_r

I'd avoid the copy 3135 movement for now and stick with Swiss (usually Sellita). There's a new version 3135 appearing that's more reliable, but still plenty of the old ones around, which ain't so good (they're rather variable - some are fine, some ain't). Go for the standard Asian clone if you don't want swiss.

As for the sub, well I know dingleberry had one of the 'Ultimate' subs for a while, but he still ended up buying the TC. Ultimately it depends on how anal you're going to be - as Luth says, it's a good watch.

Personally I'm happy with my 21J cheapie :Whistle:

;)

Captain Swoop

I have a 21J 'vintage' 5512 from perfect Clones. It stopped after a fortnight. I got an ETA clone movement from Cousins and swapped it over, it has run perfectly for the last 6 months.