Sign in to follow this  
andrevanroon

New here, and which one to buy?

andrevanroon

Hello,

My name is André, and together with my wife and kids i live in the Netherlands. Since early age i've been interested in mechanical watches. A few years ago, after selling my gen Seamaster pro, gen Speedmaster and a Zeno, i bought a gen Breitling Chronomat Evolution. Beacuse of fast growing, and expensive children, i decided to take a look at the rep-market for a new watch.

For a long time, the Rolex Submariner is one of my favourites. After searching through the TD-list, there are 2 watches i can't make a decision about. My favourite is the LV with the green steel bezel and the black dial. The other one is the black ceramic bezel and the black dial.

I prefer the combination of the green bezel with the black dial, but the new bracelet of the ceramic bezel sub looks so nice. Can anybody tell me something about the quality of the ceramic bezel? Choosing for the green ceramic with the green dial is not an option, because i don't like the green dial.

Which one would you choose, and why??

Thanks,

André

Mazz

Mate welcome aboard

You should buy the one that you like the best

J.Eric

Welcome Andre! :wave:

seclark007

Glad to have you here, Andre! As Mazz suggests, your opinion is the only one that really matters. Some dealers are easier to work with than others, but everyone should be able to get you what you're looking for.

You may end up having to but the black one and have a green bezel swapped...best of both worlds! The dealer may be able to source one that you are looking for...but i dont think that particular combination exists.

Good luck!

Jorge-(WhoreHay)

Welcome, André.

You should get the watch you really want, with the modifications you want. That's the beauty of this forum.

So pick the watch you want, contact one of the TD's, give them the mods you want done prior to shipment, and let them source itmfor you...

Leigh

Just buy them both!!! It's only a matter of time anyway - You will end up with both of them for sure and it will save on postage.

Oh and welcome BTW

greg_r

Just buy them both!!! It's only a matter of time anyway - You will end up with both of them for sure and it will save on postage.

Oh and welcome BTW

Best idea in the thread... :clap:

Mystery Shopper

Welcome. I like both but only have the black sub C. Check the 'wrist-check' thread, Rolex subforum and dealer feedback for more info & pics.

dalboy

Welcome to the forum ..

Hope you enjoy it here, i cant answer your question both are nice, but if it helps buy your 1st choice..

Stick to our Trusted Dealers for your future buys and you will as safe as house's...ohhhhh and save your money your gonna need it, the addiction bites hard here mate..

Dal................

andrevanroon

Thanks for all your warm welcomes guys. I'm considering, even if it's not available as a gen sub, to combine the green bezel and black dial with the new bracelet (like the one on the ceramic bezel). I will contact a TD if this is possible.

Does anybody know about the quality of the ceramic bezels. Are they real ceramic like the gen, or do they just look ceramic?

trailboss99

They are indeed ceramic and I think I have seen a green ceramic bezel, black dial version out there somewhere, guys?

jdthompson131216

I agree buy both. I think silix might have what you're looking for. I'm not positive tho. From my experience the ceramic green bezels are not very bright. Almost an olive green. I bought a 116610LV rep and the green bezel is very dull. The dials have improved tho

justinp2121

Oh and welcome BTW

+1 So True!!! lol Welcome aboard Andre!!

ath

There's a steel green bezel / black face version in Watchinternational's special price section:

http://www.rwgboard....showtopic=26230

Worth browsing the whole section. With these prices you'll probably end up buying more than one as the others said... :thumbsup:

540i

Andre,

This is a black ceramic sub w/blue lume and Swiss ETA that I received just last week from Silix..........

ROLS232-2.jpg

ROLS232-4.jpg