Sign in to follow this  
SB56667

Hello...again?

SB56667

Hey all,

A long, long overdue hello again. I fell prey to this place about 15 months ago. I'd picked up a few reps in the Moscow subway years before, long wondered whether there might be a way to buy such things online from the U.S., VERY nearly got scammed on a fantasy Breguet from a random site, then found this place just in time.

Like all addicts, I was soon draining my bank account, finding it harder and harder to relate with people outside "the community," always on the lookout for my next score... :Drinking2:

I became a VIP. I spent more time trading messages with Dingle, Greg, Luth, Balad, Del &co. than I did talking to members of my family. When I couldn't buy a new watch, a bought three new straps instead. I caught the PAM bug, then the vintage PAM bug, then the vintage PAM building bug. I started making dials. I made more than I could use. I sold the extras. I took some orders. Then I fell off a cliff.

Did I mention this all this went down while I was trying to build a small business? And brutally overwhelmed with work? And then suddenly immersed in a bureaucratic nightmare that threatened to strand my wife on another continent? Funny how those sorts of things all seem to hit at the same time... :rainingshit:

My last login was early August 2011. Since then, I've been getting my house in order. And missing this place like hell. And surreptitiously ordering a few cheap vintages from Ebay. Then last week I dropped Rochest a line. :Whistle:

Long story short, it's been too long. To the couple of you I left hanging on dial inquiries all those months ago, my deepest apologies. To the rest of you, and all my dear fellow addicts at RWG, it's good to be back! :beer2:

dalboy

WELCOME BACK !!!

Stormcrow

Hard to leave this place!

HWG

Welcome back! The usual suspects are still about. Hopefully things are more in order for you this time 'round.

DFH

Welcome back!

dingle

welcome back mate :)

myaz

A relapse.....well, at least you'll have good company. We're all in denial here anyways :rolleyes:

greg_r

Welcome back, mate. Just think yourself lucky that you weren't trying to run this place ;)

SB56667

Ha! I hear you, brother. :help3:

Thanks so much everybody for the warm welcome -- all over again!

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ dobry, and Welcome.

And in your case Welcome back!

Luthier

Welcome back, mate!!! Glad to see you again.

Absence fee isn't too big, just PM Greg or another Mod, and ask how to pay. And you'll become VIP member, that will give you enormous privileges.

:D

SB56667

Ha! Yep, that would only be right, wouldn't it, Luth? :thumbsup:

Edited by SB56667

J.Eric

Welcome Back!! :thumbsup:

Balad1

Welcome back, good to hear from you again my friend.

HeavyKrush

Hello SB, nice to meet you.

woleium

Hello :-)

I'm new here, but it's always nice to find a well established community.

UmpaHimself

Welcome back, mate. Just think yourself lucky that you weren't trying to run this place wink.png

im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

P4GTR

Welcome back SB :)

SB56667

Welcome back, mate. Just think yourself lucky that you weren't trying to run this place wink.png

im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

+1111 :notworthy: :notworthy:

And Dan, good to see you again too! Love the recent work! :thumbsup: