Sign in to follow this  
Odyseus

Lume Removal??

Odyseus

Hi all,

Is there a better way to remove Lume from the Lume buckets without having to chip the Lume out?

Some Lume dissolves in Accetone, but some Lume looks like it's mixed in plastic and is really hard. It's almost impossible to avoid scratching the Lume buckets!!!

Is there a solvent (other than Accetoe) that will dissolve this hard Lume? I think the lume buckets are plated metal..

Cheers

John

KeNnY

I always use Acetone with my Ultrasonic cleaner that works great - so here is spoiler for everyone want to know - for best results the hardest lume to get off marker is to keep it soaked for 24 hours minimum, then the jar with acetone and markers put into ultrasonic cleaner, the vibrations will remove the lume from markers without scratching them, then just take out the markers, polish them and relume :)

10:10 Watch Repair

maybe Kenny has OK results this way, but acetone and an ultrasonic cleaner is a recipe for removing plating from markers.

digger2

Note, there are some cheap ultrasonic cleaners with plastic containers, don't use acetone in those :)