Sign in to follow this  
Dave_

New member with some new reps

Dave_

Hi everyone

Great Forum!

I've always had a fascination with watches.... which turns out to be an expensive hobby. I caught the rep bug in Crete where I purchased some really crappy Tag reps (45 EURO each).

As awful as they were (at that price of course they would be) it got me thinking about higher quality reps. I found this site through google, signed up, read for a few weeks... and ordered 3 reps. 2 from Mary/Rochest and 1 from M at MarvellousReplica.

Mary/Rochest provided me with a JLC Master Compressor (the special price one for $148 which says MASTBR COMPRESSOR on the back) and a Tag Calibre 36. M provided with with a Tag DayDate.

Anyway, these pictures suck, the macro setting on my camera isn't great and neither are my photography skills.

DSCN0308.jpg

DSCN0274.jpg

DSCN0277.jpg

My next reps on the list are a Tag Calibre 17 White face/Brown strap, a DSSD (not sure whether to get BK's or Mary's Ultimate DSSD) and either another JLC OR a Patek Philippe.

movadobaby_2220_684823895.jpg

Dave

Edited by Dave_

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ dobry, and Welcome.

The best advice is to only buy from the Trusted Dealers because they are trusted and they deal in watches!

And at last a decent introduction - well done keep it up!

Leigh

Hello Pal,

Nice little collection there

onionbag

Hello and welcome, that's a nice start to your collection and don't worry about your pics, they're just fine.

Realism

welcome

RichardMiami

Welcome to the forum! Great approach... reading first! Now you are DOOMED.... and broke.. :)

Cyril_Clunge

Welcome Dave :wave:

Don't worry about your photographic prowess, until recently Jeff didn't know which way round to hold one :D

HWG

Hello and welcome, nice pick ups there. Hold on to your wallet, its a pricey ride!

Crusader

Nice, we have a Tag fan here :) Do not mention the *khm*Pams*khm to him, you may ruin his taste :D

Very nice collection of Tags, great watches. Monaco would fit in there quite nicely :)

Dave_

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys.

It's a personal thing I know but I haven't seen a PAM I like yet...

By the way, the Calibre 16 and the Automatic are gens!

Corv99

welcome Dave, nice collection already you've got there.. Day Dates rock

the JLC is a really nice watch, fancy one of those myself... as for the spelling? who cares!! as long as you don't wear it upside down!

on Pams......... its only a matter of time

sam77

NO PAM'S?

Corv99

NO PAM'S?

Yet!

MMMwwwahhhahahhahhahhahhhahhahahhaha

UmpaHimself

Very nice dude and welcome. This IS a proper introduction. Don't worry, in a few weeks you'll have no clue what your next rep will be and more than likely a PAM will be on the shortlist. Trust me.

Balad1

Most of us were the same way, Pams grow on you after a while, lol.

Welcome new Bro.

Niles

Welcome mate. We don't often see the day-date in white around here, it looks nice though. Might have to add one of those to my list...

Dave_

Out of all 3 reps I am most impressed with the Daydate.

It set me back $300 from MarvellousReplica, and arrived in just over 1 week. I'm a complete noob obviously but the "feel" of it is very close to my gen calibre 16. The only way I can tell its a rep without really examining it is the sound of the winding mechanism. By that I mean when you shake the watch back and forth the mechanism sounds a little rougher and cheaper than the gen (which of course it should).

The JLC is absolutely beautiful. I really can't complain about anything at $148.

The Calibre 36 is lovely as well, and I had my eye on the gen for a while. I even bought the gen secondhand (£4k) from parkersjewellers.co.uk but the seller ended up keeping it and the transaction was cancelled. To be honest I was relieved as it was a stupid impulse buy and although I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM with watches £4k is really pushing it :)

I know I've probably made a billion forum faux pas there.

As for the trusted dealers so far, Mary, Rochest, and "M" (Mark?) have all been a pleasure to deal with.

DFH

Welcome!!! Very nice Tags you've got there - love the JLC as well. Trust me - the PAM bug is slow to track you down, but once it does (and it will), resistance is futile!! :giggle:

Cheers!

jeffw69

Welcome to the forum.

Dave_

Should I just give up and add one to the list now? I have no idea where this watchaholism (?) comes from. I do know that my great grandfather (whom I never met, nor heard anything about until recently) a huge collection.

Edited by Dave_

DFH

Should I just give up and add one to the list now? I have no idea where is watchaholism (?) comes from. I do know that my great grandfather (whom I never met, nor heard anything about until recently) a huge collection.

Then it's in your genes and DNA, my man! Might as well order a beginner's version 111 or 177 from Toro Bravo (TD) and get the PAM thing over with!!!! Check his site out - he has well priced, well made versions that will let you test the waters, and you can always re-sell them here on the forum if it's not to your liking...

Luthier

(the special price one for $148 which says MASTBR COMPRESSOR on the back)

Chinese, as you perfectly know, of course, are quite shy in some areas, so, they compressed the word "MASTURBATOR" . Presume this watch has another, hidden, function?

:D

Dave_

(the special price one for $148 which says MASTBR COMPRESSOR on the back)

Chinese, as you perfectly know, of course, are quite shy in some areas, so, they compressed the word "MASTURBATOR" . Presume this watch has another, hidden, function?

:D

Damn, I wondered why it was running fast :giggle:

Edited by Dave_

Dave_

DFH, you have given me another problem. Still not a PAM fan but I do like this one, a lot:

15591-1024x768.jpg

dalboy

A member that reads the threads..thats rare !! keep up the good work Dave see you have a thing for Tags..that will change ..

Nice to see you have embarked on the road to bankrupsy with the rest of us.. :giggle:

Your gonna love it here mate enjoy

Dal............