Sign in to follow this  
GPWristGame

Greetings from GP

GPWristGame

Hello All,

I've been learnking (learning + lurking) for a couple months. This forum has been so valuable in helping me to learn about reps, movements, brands, watch history, TD's, and much much more. I think you all for your dedication and passion and I hope to be able to add value to the community.

A little bit about myself, I'm 26 years old, born and raised in Texas. Though Texan, I'm far from the image some of you Aussies and Scots on the board may have in mind (I kid, just want to show I've been gathering intel on my cohorts, in the least creepy of ways, haha). I work in an office and wear a suit to work daily, so I'll be seeking out a few dress watches in addition to everything else on my extensive wish-list.

So you can get an idea of my tastes, here's a peak at my current wish-list (to-do list really):

• AP Diver
  • AP ROO Safari on brown hornback from Donerix (thanks for the idea Del, I feel like you and DiCaprio went in with an inception team and placed it there)
  • AP ROO Panda :badger: on black hornback with red stitching
  • Panerai watches (may start this addiction with 111 beginner upgrade from Toro, also want a Regatta and Daylight)
  • Breitling Blackbird or Skyland Avenger, heck why not both!
  • Rolex Milgauss w/green sapphire
  • Omega Planet Ocean
  • Hublot Big Bang (SS/Black Bezel/CF dial) - Just purchased as my first rep (sorry Hublot haters, I assure you I'm not knocking these out in any particular order). More to come in Mary/Rochest review section.
  • Dress Watches - Also put in an order for a couple of cheapies (PP and Lange) from Silix. I'll get more serious about high quality, non-fantasy dress watches in the future but for now, I wanted to sample the product and have a couple of shiny things to wear on my wrist at work. Will post reviews in Silix section once QC received.

Oh, and today's my birthday, so feel free to buy me any of these watches as a welcome/birthday gift ;)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I look forward to my new addiction.

- GP

jeffw69

Welcome to the forum!

Cyril_Clunge

Welcome. You're doomed.

seclark007

Welcome! It looks like you have been lurking...as your list is pretty complete with some nice pieces....

Lets hope that suit and tie job of yours allows for paying off credit card bills quickly! :D

RichardMiami

Bienvenido de Miami!

Run, don't walk..... or prepare to be BROKE!

Balad1

Wellcome from Hawaii GP, glad to have you join us.

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ dobry, and Welcome.

The best advice is to only buy from the Trusted Dealers because they are trusted and they deal in watches! :giggle:

conx

Welcome - that is a very short wishlist, what on earth have you been doing for the last month :)

You need to go into work and ask for a raise - you are going to need it !

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

GPWristGame

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I look forward to becoming a contributing member. Actually, I may literally do that and buy a VIP membership...how's nowish? That's what they call putting your money where your mouth is.

onzenuub

You should first start some threadcrapping, next post some pics of nice Texan ladyboobs and than you can get a VIP. Welcome. :P

midasmook

Do yourself and you're wallet a favour run away.

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

Nice to see the AP Safari on your list.....glad I was able to help! :lol:

Crusader

Welcome and happy birthday, here's a Breit cake, I didn't had ingredients for an AP :D

breitcake.jpg

And I have to say, very detailed list of watches to buy, mine was a mess mixture of everything, when I joined :lol:

Hazz

Welcome to the forum, looking at your wish list, I had better point out that none of the TD's do interest free credit. :hehehe:

Enjoy and Happy B'day

GPWristGame

You should first start some threadcrapping, next post some pics of nice Texan ladyboobs and than you can get a VIP. Welcome. :P

Hahaha, oh the art of threadcrapping. "Nice watch". "Very cool". All that time lurking and I could have been threadcrapping. In my pursuit of knowledge and wisdom, I completely forgot the true meaning of the internet :).

As I mentioned before, don't want to fulfill the stereotypical role of obnoxious Texan, but here you go:

Texas%20Flag%20%20Bikini%20Nylon%20and%20%20Dupont%20Lycra.jpg

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

Nice to see the AP Safari on your list.....glad I was able to help! :lol:

The whip keeping me from buying the Safari is spending that much and then the price of buying a gen hornback on top. Meanwhile, the process of having the strap made and time for shipping, cost and time for servicing...I don't know if I'd want to part with $700+ and then wait 6 weeks. I'll probably just do something n00b-esque like buying 7 $100 cheapies over 6 weeks, hahahaha!

GPWristGame

Welcome and happy birthday, here's a Breit cake, I didn't had ingredients for an AP :D

breitcake.jpg

And I have to say, very detailed list of watches to buy, mine was a mess mixture of everything, when I joined :lol:

Holy Shortcake, it's Crusader the Cake Boss. That's greatness. I may have to switch the Blackbird out for the fondant and butter-cream Navitimer.