Sign in to follow this  
Del

How to tighten a Breitling Professional II bracelet clasp.

Del

I had an issue with my Breitling Avenger Skyland Black Steel bracelet clasp - the main part of the clasp didn't "snap" into place and so fell open as soon as I lifted the safety catch.

Below I will explain this further through photos, plus show how I fixed this problem. Hopefully, this will help others in future - it would apply to any Professional II bracelet found on Skylands, SOSFs and Seawolfs, with similar application to other Breitling bracelets and deployants. :)

Firstly, the bracelet fully closed:-

P7179802v2.jpg

Now with the safety catch opened:-

P7179803v2.jpg

And the clasp fully opened:-

P7179804.jpg

Take note of these Parts A and B:-

P7179805v2.jpg

Part A should "friction fit" into Part B:-

P7179807v2.jpg

Part A should fit tightly into Part B as shown below with a "snap" - on my bracelet, they only loosely fitted together but would not hold:-

P7179808v2.jpg

The reason for the loose fit on my bracelet was that the twin-bar section was too curved - I carefully and very slightly bent it a little straighter to lengthen the straight-line distance between the hinge on the twin-bar section and Part B. This effectively makes Part A a fraction short of Part B when the clasp is closed so that they "snap" together and hold:-

P7179809v3.jpg

I hope that my explanation is clear - if you have any questions then please ask them here and I'll try to clarify for future reference. :thumbsup2:

onionbag

Crystal. :thumbsup:

Leigh

Nice one Del.

Cyril_Clunge

As a soon to be owner of a Pro II, thanks very much :)

scorpion

Cruelty - you only pretended there was a fault so you could post all these extra pics of this stunning watch making me want one even more!

1. smile.gif

RichardMiami

Great post Del. This should be stickied in the Breitling forum!

Del

I'm just glad it makes sense! :D

Crusader

So it's not really like Omega clasp :D

I'm glad you sorted it out mate, nothing like doing some work on your own watch and actually fix it :lol:

Corv99

Nice one...

Hazz

Would you believe I am sittin here after sorting my clasp. And then I see this post, nice one Del. Saved me posting........... HaHa.

As if LOL

stiltzkin

Nice one Del...

On another note, how do you see the PVD holding up on the bracelet? Specifically around the clasp (now it works :) ) and the bracelet links which always seem 'looser' on Breitz than other brands... Obviously time will tell, just wondering if you've already got a feel for the longevity of the PVD?

Cheers!

Del

@ stiltz - I've not even sized the bracelet yet so don't know how the PVD will hold up over time. ;)

Glad everyone understands my write-up and I hope it will be useful for somebody in the future.

HWG

well done, Del. Great post. Oddly enough, I have had to do this with rep Breitling deploy, and an older gen Pro I SS clasp. Good info, good pics!

graman

Viva le Del!

boneyjr

great work brotha! what about if the safety catch doesn't snap down as nicely? Just bend the sides in?

Del
great work brotha! what about if the safety catch doesn't snap down as nicely? Just bend the sides in?

Yes mate, I did this on my Skyland v3 polished bracelet but don't squeeze too much - you only need a fraction to make a difference.

I over did it, snapped it shut then couldn't get it open again! :lol:

YoungGPS

Great pictures and tips! Thanks for sharing! :clap: