Sign in to follow this  
Weschap

PO 45.5

Weschap

I have about 6 reps at the moment and I am looking to get another. I am still new at this and have contacted toro and Mary about the watch below. I was told it is unavailable because no ceramic bezel and was told the dial is a little different. If this because I am looking for the black bezel/orange numbers on dial combo? I have seen plenty of the orange bezel. Mary said the factory is making the one below and it should be ready in 2 months or so. Again, is this because of the color combination?

625a398e-ef63-da02.jpg

Cyril_Clunge

It's because it's the new PO with the ceramic bezel, 8500 movement and open caseback, in the gen obviously! The ones you've seen are reps of the previous version.

There are currently cheapie reps of the new PO but they're not very accurate. As Mary said, I'm sure a factory somewhere is working on a decent version, we just have to be patient.

Weschap

Thank you, that makes a little more sense.

SB56667

Keep researching and stick with the TDs, Wes, and you won't go wrong! :thumbsup:

chenner29

That watch has got me real excited... clear caseback and dual color lume (green for the minute hand) on the gen.

23230462101003-40.jpg

They are also supposedly releasing a ceramic 'throwback' of the SMP. I like it, although I will dearly miss the wavy background from the original:

21230412003001.jpg

Balad1

Both are sweet.

jeffw69

Yes, it's very nice:

preview_image_0_91678812x.jpg

preview_image_0_99425472x.jpg

preview_image_0_10425102x.jpg

g.man

GENWHORE!

:D

jeffw69
:rofl:

Cyril_Clunge

You have a gen Jeff? I had no idea, you kept that quiet! ;)

jeffw69

You have a gen Jeff? I had no idea, you kept that quiet! ;)

You knew!!!!! "kept that quiet" :rofl:

powderfreak

I don't believe you will see a good rep of the new PO anytime soon. The combination of a ceramic insert, new case shape, new dial and hands, two lume colours and last but not least the wonderful cal. 8500 behind a clear caseback makes it next to impossible to get a good rep...

PO reps will most likely struggle with the quality and colour of the insert (esp. the blue one!), details like the dial marker shape or hand shape, the lume (both colour and brightness) and of course the caseback/movement. I suggest you get one of the older PO reps, they are much better :)

Crusader

They are also supposedly releasing a ceramic 'throwback' of the SMP. I like it, although I will dearly miss the wavy background from the original:

21230412003001.jpg

Ugh... :imok: I still don't understand what made them go this blingy way... previous models were one of the best looking tool watches there is. Especially the wave dial and quite small size. Now this glossy dial, glossy bezel and thick bracelet.