Sign in to follow this  
Del

Del

onionbag

Bellisimo!! Or as I usually say...........very handsome.

seclark007

I think that photography may be a good career option, Del

scorpion

Got to love a hard chopper sorry Chopard! This is a lovely looking one Del, not seen it with that colour dial before.

Strap looks same as on my XL power reserve, how you getting on with it? Mine can be a pain, its a two part thing and the smaller part sometimes pops open before i have engaged the main part, I think its a bit loose and might try bending it a touch to make it lock on tighter. Once its on it stays tight and I still like the Dunlop tread and would not replace it with a leather one

Del

Thanks guys! :thumbsup2:

@ Scorpion - my strap and deployant are perfect mate, Locks in positively and opens with the side push buttons first time.

Pihlippe

Nice one Del. Your pictures are great!

Del

Nice one Del. Your pictures are great!

Cheers mate! :thumbsup2:

kaykay

Del, you bloody show off! :)

Lovely pics and a stunning watch. Let me know if you want to get rid of it ;)

Cheers

Del

Thanks kaykay! :)

Rav747

Love this watch!! Congrats :) Steal at the price you got it for.

Ok, Del, since you own a lot of watches, tell me where this watch ranks in terms of comfort on your wrist? I have a cheapie 21j or 23j PR version and i have to say, its by far the most, if not one of the most comfortable watches one can wear given its size. Even the rubber is pretty soft and smells like vanilla on mine almost 2 yrs later.

UmpaHimself

At first I really didn't like this watch but the more you show it off the more I'm coming around Del. I really like the sub set date magnification. I don't know how I feel about the tire tread and I would really love to see this watch on some Croc.

Del

Love this watch!! Congrats :) Steal at the price you got it for.

Ok, Del, since you own a lot of watches, tell me where this watch ranks in terms of comfort on your wrist? I have a cheapie 21j or 23j PR version and i have to say, its by far the most, if not one of the most comfortable watches one can wear given its size. Even the rubber is pretty soft and smells like vanilla on mine almost 2 yrs later.

Thanks mate! :)

Actually, now that you mention it, the GTXL is very comfortable to wear. Even the deployant fits very well and doesn't irritate me like others do. Compared with other watches it is certainly more comfortable than the big Breits on bracelet (Wolf, Skyland, etc,) but is very similar I think to the SOHv2 on the Ocean Racer rubber (another very comfortable strap). The PAMs on leather and the APs on hornback are somewhere in between I suppose! ;)

At first I really didn't like this watch but the more you show it off the more I'm coming around Del. I really like the sub set date magnification. I don't know how I feel about the tire tread and I would really love to see this watch on some Croc.

By this time next week you'll have ordered one......:D

UmpaHimself

By this time next week you'll have ordered one...... :D

NO! Must resist. I keep telling myself, stick to the list. PAM390 DLC & the Tudor chrono quartz are up next after the Milgauss from Rochest that should be coming next week :D

Rav747

Del, i have the same issue as Scorpion, but it was almost 1.5 yrs later. It pops out once in a while from the first clasp but doesn't totally undo itself. Its manageable. Worst case, i will get leather on it ;) Wear it well sir. Just love the color of the dial. Wish Chopard would make more models. :lol: Actually, i take that back. ha.

Del
:lol:

scorpion

Umpa the Dunlop Rubber Tyres design from the 1960s is cool. Croc looks so much better....................on a crocodile!!!!!

Still out in the US I suppose they are not a rare creature, we only have them in a zoo here.

Rav747

:drool:

Chopard-Grand-Prix-de-Monaco-Historique-Chronograph-2010.jpg

UmpaHimself

Umpa the Dunlop Rubber Tyres design from the 1960s is cool. Croc looks so much better....................on a crocodile!!!!!

Still out in the US I suppose they are not a rare creature, we only have them in a zoo here.

I live in Florida where it's Gator-ville USA

Silverspeed

Lovely photo's as always

This Chopard GT XL Chrono is a real beauty.....one of the first true 'super reps' scaringly close to gen

The only thing that bugged me was the rubber strap.....a real dust magnet, liked the vanilla smell though :lol:

dalboy

:drool:

Chopard-Grand-Prix-de-Monaco-Historique-Chronograph-2010.jpg

:daffy: :daffy: :daffy: Put me down for one of these.......... :fuck:

Dal......................

PAB

The "List"...... just got longer :stars:

Corv99

looks awesome..

I know theres 2 marks on the face, but for the life of me I can't see them!! really is a bargain you got there my friend! superb.

I would be tempted to get Dan to knock you up a custom black soft leather strap as well!

Corv99

there was another one not as nice on RWI sold in about 5 mins!

HWG

This Dial color is sexy as hell, and the rep is rather pricey, nice grab, Del. Enjoy it!

dalboy

Del !!

Your photographic skills are astonishing mate....you could make a pigs ear look like a silk purse..

Nice.

Dal.......................