Sign in to follow this  
cvp3

My Price Angels experience.....not bad really.

cvp3

So I broke down and finally ordered from Price Angels. Had to see what all the fuss was about. After seeing all the posts and how to shop for rep's on their site by looking at customer photos I pulled the trigger on the following:

• Rolex Daytona
  • Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph
  • Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Co-Axial GMT Chronograph
  • Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph

1000274h.jpg

Over the last 2 and half years I've purchased over 65 replicas with varying degrees of quality. I'm good enough to judge what looks and feels good, but don't have near the level of experience as many of our enthusiasts on here. So I'll apologize in advance.

I've ordered 12 so far from Price Angels (not on the same day, long story) and 4 have arrived. I used EMS for 2 and standard for 2. The standard delivery watches took only 2 days longer to arrive so I can't recommend EMS. They come in the "tins" just like they show on the website which was great for all but one watch, which I'll discuss later.

First up is the Rolex Daytona. Listed at $51.33. I paid for EMS on this one so figure I got $58 into this one. I used a 6% off coupon along with Mr. Rebates 5% rebate. The best part is that Mr. Rebates computes the discount on the full amount. But wait there's more. I posted a really crappy 2 minute video of each of these watches and received a $10 discount from PA. So net price on the watch is $58.33 minus 6% Coupon, minus 5% Mr. Rebates, minus $10 PA video = $42.68 net. I'll use this formula for each watch.

The Daytona is really a nice piece.......for the money. Good and heavy. Mechanical movement as reported on the website, so it's a hand winder. The second hand is fairly smooth, but you can see some ticking if you look hard. So I'd call it fairly high beat. The 6 o'clock chrono has running seconds, the 3 o'clock moves off the lower pusher and moves a tick every 24 hours. The 9 o'clock chrono moves off the upper pusher and seems to move with hours. Haven't really watched it over time to know for sure. Crystal is mineral (guessing) with little or no A/R. The lume is also very weak. The bracelet is nicely finished in a combination of matte and polish. The engraving on the back as expected states "Ad Daytona". What did you expect for under $43. The clasp is especially well done. Rolex logo is in place and the engagement is very positive. As in nail-breaking positive. Another let down here though is no engraving when you open it. Just plain black PVD.

LINK - http://www.priceangels.com/Exquisite-Style-Stainless-Steel-Mechanical-Men-s-Watch-Red-Pointer-s100379.html

1000276e.jpg

1000278j.jpg

1000280n.jpg

Next up is the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph. I paid $61.50 for this one and EMS. After all coupons, rebates, etc. it netted to me at $51.73.

Another decent attempt in my estimation. The watch is VERY heavy both head and bracelet. Dial looks as good as anything from most of our TD's. Lume is flat out incredible. After only a minute or so of light exposure you get a very nice, bright and relatively long lasting lume. Some of the customer pictures appear to show a blue dial, that may be the A/R, dunno. It does appear to have some blue A/R on it but not very much. Mine has a black dial. It's a quartz so the chrono's work but it tick/tocks. The bezel is nice and tight with 60 clicks. And it does center at 12. The second hand however does not. It's a half tick off full top dead center. The bracelet is nice and heavy with all the proper engravings. And yes the P and the O are larger as per gen. You probably noticed the hit on the bezel at 11 o'clock. This is the lone victim of the packaging in tins. Somewhere in shipping this watch found it's way out of the tin and had the piss beat out of it. The bracelet was knock off and the tin was nearly crushed, but the watch only sustained the one "beauty mark". Last question, does it have happy feet? Oh hell yes. I don't think they could be any happier, but at $50, I'm pretty happy too.

LINK - http://www.priceangels.com/Stylish-PA-Pattern-Dial-Stainless-Steel-Band-Men-Wrist-Watch-with-Date-Display-Blue-Dial--s525961.html

1000282i.jpg

1000286m.jpg

Next watch is the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Co-Axial GMT Chronograph. OK, I'm just going to admit it. I'm in love with this watch. I really can't even give a fair an unbiased review, but here' goes. I paid $75.84 and this was really a leap of faith as there were no customer photographs. Net price with free shipping was $57.50. This is another very heavy watch. It's quartz so tick/tock. Crystal has some A/R but hard to see. The GMT is tied to the hour hand and is an insult to the senses when you try to set it via the crown. The second hand needs to be manually reset to 12 about every third time I play with the chrono - so new rule......don't mess with the fuggin' chrono. Easily fixed using the Invicta correction method found by searching "WTF is wrong with my chrono" - ask me how I know. 3 o'clock chrono tracks minutes, 6 o'clock is running seconds and 9 o'clock is hours. Bezel is nice and tight with a full 60 clicks around. The tuxedo striped dial is mesmerizing. Just beautiful. Happy feet? Yup, like drunken keebler elves. Lume is for shi+. Left under the light for a full minute and you can only just see it. Bracelet is heavy with center deployment and the case back is properly engraved in all respects. After hearing all that you're probably wondering how you can love a watch like that. Can't explain it, just do. She may be an ugly duckling but she's my $50 swan damnit.

LINK - http://www.priceangels.com/Cool-Design-Blue-Dial-Stainless-Steel-Band-Men-Watch-with-Stopwatch-Silver--s315224.html

1000291w.jpg

1000292v.jpg

1000293n.jpg

Alright gents last one. The Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph. I paid $59.23 or $42.72 after discounts and free shipping. The listing states mechanical movement and it definitely has mechanical movement. I have a steadfast rule. Don't open the back of the case unless it's quartz and your replacing a battery because you can't possibly fix anything that's wrong in there and disappointment is just mm's away. So couldn't begin to tell you what's in there. The second hand acts about like the Rolex. It's definitely a high beat, but you can see some mild ticking. (you can probably see this in any of the crappy videos I made). The dials looks great to me with all the proper markings including the arrows on the TAG logo. Bezel is right as well. The top pusher is missing the red stripe though and both pushers just move the 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock chonos. The 6 o'clock chrono tracks hours. The crystal appears to have no A/R and is most likely mineral. This watch isn't as heavy as the others due to the bracelet. The head is great, but the bracelet feels hollow and cheap and I worried very much when sizing it that I would break it somehow. Maybe it's not that bad, but it's close. The back is glass back and the movement is decorated and looks the part.

LINK - http://www.priceangels.com/Fashionable-PA-Pattern-Tri-Subdial-Dial-Stainless-Steel-Band-Men-Mechanical-Watch-with-Date-Display-Black-Dial-s100416.html

1000299p.jpg

1000300f.jpg

1000301f.jpg

OK, so for those of you scoring at home, that's $194.63 for 4 reps. None of which would fool a seasoned collector, but all of which will fool/impress the casual watch admirer. Price Angel may be a great way to test out a watch or series of watches before you venture into the deep end of the pool. I don't think I'll have an issue selling any of these for $50 when I'm done with them so there's really no liability. Like I said I have a "bunch" more coming that I'll post up, some of which I have no idea what I'm going to get as there are no customer photos. So the real question is, would you buy them again:

Rolex - Absolutely. Probably better than what most are selling for $125.

Omega Seamaster - Absolutely. The bracelet alone would cost you $30 from a TD.

Omega Aqua Terra - I'd have paid double. Fuggin' love it, happy feet and all.

Tag Carrera - Yes, but I really need to find a better bracelet. Just doesn't feel right at all.

nunu78

Nice pieces, loves the seamaster planet ocean.

cvp3

Here's how to get the rebates I spoke about in the thread above.

First log in to www.mrrebates.com and setup an account. Then search sellers by typing in "price angels". Link to price angels through mr rebates if you intend to purchase. It takes 90 days to get your rebate but you WILL get it. When you checkout at watch angels type "Watch6off" into the coupons window. Mr rebates will pay you the 5% on the full amount prior to the rebate.

gB.

:huh:

BoutWillis.jpg

futbol57102at

You say you've purchased at least 65 watches from this site, with varying quality..Are you talking about movement/stem/winding/setting issues (after some use), cosmetic/physical accuracy issues, DOA watches, or a combination of these?

cvp3

No, sorry, should've been more clear. I've purchased 65 Rep's most of which came from trusted dealers on RWG and RWI, the remaining balance came from forum members. I've ordered 12 watches from Price Angels, of which 4 have arrived. I expect 4 additional watches tomorrow.

cvp3

The 12 PA watches are not included in the 65, so technically I've ordered 77 total.

futbol57102at

No, sorry, should've been more clear. I've purchased 65 Rep's most of which came from trusted dealers on RWG and RWI, the remaining balance came from forum members. I've ordered 12 watches from Price Angels, of which 4 have arrived. I expect 4 additional watches tomorrow.

No, my fault, I must have skipped over the paragraph after what I had read.

Luthier

The thread title must be "I bought 4 crappy watches, but, damn, so cheap!!!'

Sorry, mate...

:D

cvp3

No problem. It's really what a lot of TD's are selling for $125 to $150. Trust me I've bought a couple.

BosCane

At those prices, can't complain about much. The Omegas look particularly nice.

Luthier

No problem. It's really what a lot of TD's are selling for $125 to $150. Trust me I've bought a couple.

You REALLY think so???

Trust me, I know profit margin very well, and if your Price Angels sell these watches for $50, it mean they buy it for $30.

NO WAY it's the same quality watches. Look on WatchEden. They also sell heap, but it's total crap, definitely made at 2nd sort factories, same, as your watches.

No offence, bro, but it's not a good watches, I'm not even talking about movements...

Balad1

@OP

You're a VIP and should know by now that we don't post reviews about questionable non TD sites.

stiltzkin

Well if you're happy and the happy feet are happy, who's not to be happy?

I think you're wrong on the mineral glass on the tag, it even says that it 'sapphire', so you should be ok.

futbol57102at

Well if you're happy and the happy feet are happy, who's not to be happy?

I think you're wrong on the mineral glass on the tag, it even says that it 'sapphire', so you should be ok.

The Gen says sapphire on the back....It's like saying the rep has to be swiss if it says "swiss made" on the dial...

:giggle:

SB56667

The Gen says sapphire on the back....It's like saying the rep has to be swiss if it says "swiss made" on the dial...

:lmao2:

mianos

muhaha ROFL!

KeNnY

@OP

You're a VIP and should know by now that we don't post reviews about non TD sites.

:rofl:

jeffw69

This really puzzles me. There is like a 4 page thread on RWI about price angels.

You get what you pay for.

I suppose that there are quite a few members that prefer to give the appearance that they are wearing a rep.

I have yet to see a "decent" rep there, all flawed as shit. So what 39 dollars shipped or whatever.

Call me a watch snob, I don't care, but I could think of better ways to toss out 39 bucks.

NOOBS: Price Angels are not a trusted dealer here. When your piece of shit you ordered from them dies or arrives with serious fuck ups, please don't come crying here.

Thank you.

onionbag
23853418.jpg

gB.

23853418.jpg

:lmao:

NCRich

@OP

You're a VIP and should know by now that we don't post reviews about questionable non TD sites.

Who made you the boss of us? I enjoyed reading the review.

onionbag

@OP

Yep. I've used ioffer, DHgate and others over the years, all part of the learning curve, and yes, it was an interesting review.

jacobarch

@OP

agreed. I've posted reviews from dealers I bought from in China and non TD's..........I think its important to share your experiences outside the RWG world.

kwatch

OP was a decent post. I personally am not into cheapies and am wary of non TD sellers but it's still was an interesting read. Buyer beware is all.