Sign in to follow this  
whiskeytangofoxtrot

Anyone have an A7750 GMT movement they could spare?

whiskeytangofoxtrot

I attempted to post this in the member trade section... But no posts = no posting in that forum.

I am trying to put together a Panerai GMT and have everything except the movement. I have contacted the usual dealers and they have all said that the best they could do would be to sell me a new watch.

If anyone has an A7750 GMT (even if it is not running correctly) and would care to part with it I would greatly appreciate it.

Of course Im not looking for a hand out, I expect to pay a fair price for it.

Thanks in advance.

KBH

That's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Good luck.

I didn't even know there was such a Asian movement. I've heard there's an Eta 7750 with GMT module and it's hugely expensive.

sconehead

You could try Mary or maybe Col but as KBH said, if there is such a movement available, you'll be lucky to find one...

Member X

Wouldn't that be for a chrono watch with GMT too??

That would be a complex dial... lol

whiskeytangofoxtrot

All of the seconds at 9 Panerai watches (including the $400+ ULTIMATES) are coming with the a7750 movement. They are then modifying the a7750 to include a GMT gear on all of the Panerai GMT's with seconds at 9.

What other movement could be used for a seconds at 9, automatic GMT?

Drhulee

Most PAM GMT reps use the A7750, with GMT module placed between the dial and top plate of movement. They are also more prone to problems than just the regular A7750 - but if you get a good one, and adjust the time, date, and GMT properly (even gens have guidelines :stupid: ), they'll be good for years.

However sourcing just this movement is a bloody pain in the arse, believe me I've been through it. No dealer will sell you just the movement, as the factory will rarely sell it to them. Your best bet is to find a GMT PAM up for sale, remove the movement and sell off the remaining parts. That's what most other PAM GMT fanatics do. I've got seven GMT models, and four GMT dials waiting for their movements :irish_dance: The problem is, everytime you buy that GMT watch, just for its movement, you may decide that you really like it the watch, and start looking for another one to take apart :bugeyes:

Just keep an eye on the sales sections in the different forums, and pay attention to the descriptions. Quite a few non-Ultimates with regular date-font and lesser quality sapphire come up for sale at bargain prices.

By the way, the above also applies to regular auto PAM movements, as the standard A7750 has two extra posts that need to be removed, or clipped (Ugh, don't like the sound of clipping them ).