Sign in to follow this  
sms

Lay Flat

sms

I have an A21j that runs just fine if laying flat, but won't run on the wrist or a winder. I imagine there are other ways of laying it down, such as on one side or the other, but so far this is the the best way to describe the situation. On a winder it stops completely. On my wrist, it runs, but stops and starts intermittently. It is a new watch. Any ideas of what it could be that I might be able to handle. it's not worth shipping back to China. Even on timegraph it stops unless I get it perfectly level.

sconehead

Hmmmmmmmm, sounds like the balance assembly is fouling/has a broken pivot...I'd contact the dealer...;)

sms

Thanks, I figured someone would know the likely cause. It was a replacement already for a cheapie. I guess I'll just mark this down to quit buying cheapies.

sconehead

....if you're willing to put it down to experience, why not buy a replacement movement for it (they're cheap, available through ofrei in the US or cousins in the UK) and use it to practice a movement swap?

In the long term this will help you/save you money if something similar happens to a cherished rep in the future...;)

greg_r

Incidentally, mate, not only is your watch broken, your sig is too ;)

nickee_2dS

Lay was flatted?

Inviato dal mio MB525 usando Tapatalk