Sign in to follow this  
mf11

Panerai

mf11

Looking for some help please guys.

I have the watch below and love it but it's not holding it's automatic charge at all now.

http://www.watcheden.net/panerai-luminor-firenze-gmt-automatic-with-blue-dial-leather-strap-i-50838-p-1.html

Is there anyone out there (UK hopefully) that could perhaps replace my auto movement with a battery / wind-up one?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael.

onionbag

You can wind up this watch..............and no, that's not a wind-up. ;)

fatarms

Not sure you will be able to replace the movement with a Battery one if there is already an automatic in it. Check out Wiz in the trusted modders/repairs section. He's your man in the EU.

mf11

No reply from Wiz, any other ideas guys?

Balad1

I think you need to either have the current movement repaired or replaced with a like movement. Switching movement types isn't always cut and dry.

Continue to try contacting the wiz, he's the man in the EU.

davylloyd

I think you need to either have the current movement repaired or replaced with a like movement. Switching movement types isn't always cut and dry.

Continue to try contacting the wiz, he's the man in the EU.

+1

Changing movement types is not that simple. You'd have to consider whether or not the dial feet would line up, the diameter of the movement, the thickness of the movement, what type of winder stem it takes, and even what diameter the holes in the hands are. From the Watch Eden description, I'm guessing that it's a 2813 movement, these are available in the UK from Cousins for about £22 + vat.

As has been said, you could wind the watch manually - it could just be the self-winding rotor sticking or binding.

Good luck!