Sign in to follow this  
steven52

Rip Off Seller!!! CBAWATCHES.ORG

steven52

Beware online of CBAWATCHES.ORG It's a ripoff site.....I ordered for $100 and replica Rolex Sea Dweller...the large size replica with the glidelock clasp and all the bells and whistles...although they shipped fast from China and I received in one week, what I received was a VERY poor quality submariner.....and of course, NO answer to repeated emails after that. If anyone knows where I can get the full size Rolex Sea Dweller replica I'm looking for please let me know....

scorpion

Get some pics up so we can decide just how poor it is. And welcome you may well have found the right place.

Balad1

Sorry about your bad luck with the scam site but in fact it's your lucky day, you've found RWG and you're only out $100.

Stick with our trusted dealers and you'll be fine.

PS: Welcome new Bro.

onionbag

Thanks for that, but as we only use our Trusted dealers we will never be tempted by CBAWATCHES, you should do the same.

All of them can source a Sub to suit your budget, good luck!

Oh, hello and welcome. :)

jeffw69

Well, being that dot org is usually an organization & in some cases a non profit organization, what were you thinking you would get?

I am sorry you got scammed. A lot of us that ended up here have been ripped off in the past.

Check out the trusted dealer section here on the forum.

myaz

Huh.......any of the TDs here will help you. The rollie you want is one of the most commonly and easily available watches.

Sorry about your experience but this place will give you a warm fuzzy feeling. Do read and read because there are many tiers of rollies available.

PS: not many bells 'n whistles in the $100 range, though.

graham47

Welcome to the forum Steven.

Top tip for a happy watch collecting life....READ, READ and then read some more.

There is a gold mine of information on this site but YOU have to find it. You know what you want now check our Trusted Dealers and let them help you.

andypandy1961

Cant understand why people still keep trying other sites when there is plenty of tried and tested dealers on this and other forums

Bobbylah

Cant understand why people still keep trying other sites when there is plenty of tried and tested dealers on this and other forums

Andy - you have to find the great places and dealers first to allow you to separate the wheat from the chaff! Some people do not do nearly enough 'due dilligence' before jumping in, and that is when you find yourself up to you neck in it! Always sorry to hear about someone getting ripped off, but he is in the right place now.

Welcome aboard Steven.

not_finbar

The clue was in the name... "can't be arsed watches".

gtwc

Sorry to hear about this - but it's your own stupid fault !

Read, learn and assimilate.

Stick to our TD's and you won't go wrong.

Lesson (not that expensive) learned.

BTW why didn't you post questions or at least an introductory post before posting

on 'how I was ripped off' by someone who has no representation here?

Just curious at the mindset of you noobs..................

Member X

Bit harsh... ? :unsure:

Diego_UK

The clue was in the name... "can't be arsed watches".

:D

gtwc

Not really.

Unduly lenient I would say.....

:sh_h:

kwatch

True, a dubious first post I would say. To the OP I would chalk it up to a shitty experience and read read read on this forum, you'll find the DSSD with all the "bells and whistles" but not for $100 that's just crazy talk..

onionbag

Not really.

Yes, the school of tough-love, it's very successful. I, of course, prefer the mealy-mouthed approach and prefer to delicately navigate around the subject, whilst making my point.........eventually, kinda like Luthier on Prozac. ;)

steven52

It's steven-the guy that made original the post.....someone asked what do i expect in the $100 range...not many bells and whistles.....well I do have 4 very high quality rolex replicas and 2 panerai, all very nice, straight markings, all proper, high quality reps that cost $100. Guess those days are gone. I'm not inexperienced here. I thought I could trust a seller I haven't used before, and expected the same quality. The loss of the $100 doesn't bother me half as much as not getting what I ordered. The big chunky sea dweller is what was pictured, and what I received was the sub, thin and cheap, with crooked stampings and so on. I simply tossed it into a bag in the closet. I don't want to see it. I'm willing to spend more to get the sea dweller, but i don't know what seller to trust now. All the replica sites show the same models and the same pictures.....so...roll the dice and make a guess as to which will give you what you want?

steven52

Read, learn and assimilate.

Stick to our TD's and you won't go wrong.

Lesson (not that expensive) learned.

BTW why didn't you post questions or at least an introductory post before posting

on 'how I was ripped off' by someone who has no representation here?

Just curious at the mindset of you noobs..................

I shall post what I like...if you don't like it...don't look.

steven52

Not really.

Yes, the school of tough-love, it's very successful. I, of course, prefer the mealy-mouthed approach and prefer to delicately navigate around the subject, whilst making my point.........eventually, kinda like Luthier on Prozac. ;)

No need to be disrespectful.....it says a lot about you

steven52

Welcome to the forum Steven.

Top tip for a happy watch collecting life....READ, READ and then read some more.

There is a gold mine of information on this site but YOU have to find it. You know what you want now check our Trusted Dealers and let them help you.

I've owned a hundred watched or more......the replica world is a little different as I'm sure you will agree

Not really.

I guess one find judgemental people no matter where one goes....

Balad1

It's steven-the guy that made original the post.....someone asked what do i expect in the $100 range...not many bells and whistles.....well I do have 4 very high quality rolex replicas and 2 panerai, all very nice, straight markings, all proper, high quality reps that cost $100. Guess those days are gone. I'm not inexperienced here. I thought I could trust a seller I haven't used before, and expected the same quality. The loss of the $100 doesn't bother me half as much as not getting what I ordered. The big chunky sea dweller is what was pictured, and what I received was the sub, thin and cheap, with crooked stampings and so on. I simply tossed it into a bag in the closet. I don't want to see it. I'm willing to spend more to get the sea dweller, but i don't know what seller to trust now. All the replica sites show the same models and the same pictures.....so...roll the dice and make a guess as to which will give you what you want?

Hello Steven,

Most of us have been screwed by scam sites so don't feel bad. Many of us have been taken for much more money so thankfully that didn't happen to you.

I would recommend dealing with the following 2 RWG trusted dealers:

1. For reps less than $100, Silix.

2. For reps over $100, Watch International.

Ask questions at any time and again welcome to the forum.

Ted

steven52

no need to be a horses ass,

Balad1

no need to be a horses ass,

Steven,

Try not to take the insults personal.

Recently there has been infighting within RWG and you are just getting some of the unpleasantness left over.

We are normally kind to new members.

Sorry for you first experience with us.

trailboss99

Not really.

Lenient? More than a bit harsh I would say.

Why would it be his own stupid fault? The lad joined here today, it's not like he has been a member for some time and then

gone off and bought from a non trusted dealer is it? I suppose you were Mr Smartypants and found the fora before buying anything but many people here got ripped off before finding us.

Do you really thing being downright rude to a new member is the right way to go? Is that being in the least bit helpful? I don't know what's got into you lot of late, this used to have a reputation as a friendly forum for noobs but replies like that just drive good people away. What's wrong with:

"Hi there and welcome mate. Sorry you got ripped off but it happened to a lot of the members before they found RWG, out trusted dealers whome you will find here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=60 won't rip you off. Almost any of them can get you a nice DDSD although $150 would be more like it, you don't get much for 100 bucks as you have learned."

Is that so hard? If it is, in future just say nothing at all instead of making us all look bad please.

YoungGPS

Welcome to the forum. Hope you will stay. There are a lot of good people here!