Sign in to follow this  
steven52

Rip Off Seller!!! CBAWATCHES.ORG

Member X

Sorry to hear about this - but it's your own stupid fault !

Bit harsh... ? :unsure:

Not really.

Unduly lenient I would say.....

:sh_h:

Lenient? More than a bit harsh I would say.

Why would it be his own stupid fault? The lad joined here today, it's not like he has been a member for some time and then

gone off and bought from a non trusted dealer is it? I suppose you were Mr Smartypants and found the fora before buying anything but many people here got ripped off before finding us.

Do you really thing being downright rude to a new member is the right way to go? Is that being in the least bit helpful? I don't know what's got into you lot of late, this used to have a reputation as a friendly forum for noobs but replies like that just drive good people away. What's wrong with:

"Hi there and welcome mate. Sorry you got ripped off but it happened to a lot of the members before they found RWG, out trusted dealers whome you will find here: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showtopic=60 won't rip you off. Almost any of them can get you a nice DDSD although $150 would be more like it, you don't get much for 100 bucks as you have learned."

Is that so hard? If it is, in future just say nothing at all instead of making us all look bad please.

Word.

Steven, (do you prefer Steven or Steve?) there are some excellent DSSD reps available for a range of prices, from around $150 to $400+. I would recommend searching in the Rolex section for 'DSSD' and having a good read through of what comes up!

steven52

Thanks for that, but as we only use our Trusted dealers we will never be tempted by CBAWATCHES, you should do the same.

All of them can source a Sub to suit your budget, good luck!

Oh, hello and welcome. :)

Thank you! I have since ordered from the highly touted Mary and I know I will soon have the watch I wanted!

Not really.

Why would it be his own stupid fault? The lad joined here today, it's not like he has been a member for some time and then

gone off and bought from a non trusted dealer is it? I suppose you were Mr Smartypants and found the fora before buying anything but many people here got ripped off before finding us.

Do you really thing being downright rude to a new member is the right way to go? Is that being in the least bit helpful? I don't know what's got into you lot of late, this used to have a reputation as a friendly forum for noobs but replies like that just drive good people away. What's wrong with:

"Hi there and welcome mate. Sorry you got ripped off but it happened to a lot of the members before they found RWG, out trusted dealers whome you will find here: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showtopic=60 won't rip you off. Almost any of them can get you a nice DDSD although $150 would be more like it, you don't get much for 100 bucks as you have learned."

Is that so hard? If it is, in future just say nothing at all instead of making us all look bad please.

Well said....

steven52

Not really.

Word.

Steven, (do you prefer Steven or Steve?) there are some excellent DSSD reps available for a range of prices, from around $150 to $400+. I would recommend searching in the Rolex section for 'DSSD' and having a good read through of what comes up!

I just placed an order with Mary for the watch I was looking for originally......CBA watches did finally respond, after asking for a pic of what they sent me.....they said the poor sub the sent instead of the DSSD had the same look and mvt, and so "no worries, you will like".......good grief. Steven

Welcome to the forum. Hope you will stay. There are a lot of good people here!

I hope so too but to be honest, I found a wealth of disrespect right from the get go...was it something I said?? lol

steven52

no need to be a horses ass,

Steven,

Try not to take the insults personal.

Recently there has been infighting within RWG and you are just getting some of the unpleasantness left over.

We are normally kind to new members.

Sorry for you first experience with us.

Yeah it's disturbing...human nature seems to be the same everywhere one goes....thank you. This is an otherwise quality site.

steven52

It's steven-the guy that made original the post.....someone asked what do i expect in the $100 range...not many bells and whistles.....well I do have 4 very high quality rolex replicas and 2 panerai, all very nice, straight markings, all proper, high quality reps that cost $100. Guess those days are gone. I'm not inexperienced here. I thought I could trust a seller I haven't used before, and expected the same quality. The loss of the $100 doesn't bother me half as much as not getting what I ordered. The big chunky sea dweller is what was pictured, and what I received was the sub, thin and cheap, with crooked stampings and so on. I simply tossed it into a bag in the closet. I don't want to see it. I'm willing to spend more to get the sea dweller, but i don't know what seller to trust now. All the replica sites show the same models and the same pictures.....so...roll the dice and make a guess as to which will give you what you want?

Hello Steven,

Most of us have been screwed by scam sites so don't feel bad. Many of us have been taken for much more money so thankfully that didn't happen to you.

I would recommend dealing with the following 2 RWG trusted dealers:

1. For reps less than $100, Silix.

2. For reps over $100, Watch International.

Ask questions at any time and again welcome to the forum.

Ted

I have several nice reps I have purchased online in the past with no trouble-very nice ones as a matter of fact. First time ripped off. Mary, here I come!

gtwc

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise unreservedly to 'steven52' for my obviously

rude and unthinking post made earlier.

Sorry, steven52, this is a great site, noobs are usually made more welcome than my post

suggested.

Please don't judge the majority of members by my 'foot in the mouth' comments.

Enjoy RWG - it's the best.

an apologetic gwtc

trailboss99

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise unreservedly to 'steven52' for my obviously

Sorry, steven52, this is a great site, noobs are usually made more welcome than my post

suggested.

an apologetic gwtc

Well said, bravo.

HWG

suggested.

an apologetic gwtc

much appreciated. that other thread got out of hand quickly. I just hope the OP hangs around to see what a great place this really is.

powderfreak

What did you order from Mary now? One of the cheaper DSSDs with 21j? :)

DarkGlass

Hi Steven, it's all been said stick to td's etc ( which you've done), this place is full of good info and good people, bear with it, the banter here occasionally goes a bit awry, but you've done well giving it back, you my friend are very welcome here

kolchak

you'll love dssd from mary

BTW - it's considered good form to post pics of the 100 sub for our enjoyment...