Sign in to follow this  
Pohoho

Clueless on ETA Quartz Stem Removal

Pohoho

I have on hand this Hamilton Quartz watch (which I can't determine what's the exact model) that I intend to clean off the logo:

7698361636_4f5a414c79.jpg

No clue on the movement itself also except a tiny "no o jewels"?

7698478068_fd3e571713.jpg

No parts seems to move as I push and pull on the crown so I really clueless as to where's the release for the stem. However there is a clicking mechanism near the crown itself. As I push in the crown ready to screw it down, it goes click and you see the part here:

7698422874_d4b0a92dd7.jpg

This is the full view when I move the movement aside:

7698423302_7772c394f0.jpg

Can the experts here enlighten me on how I can remove the stem?

Thank you very much!

fatarms

In the last picture, there looks to be a silver nub next to the brownish-red screw that you may be able to push down while pulling the crown out? Otherwishe, you may have to remove the darker colored framing around the movement to see if there is a pusher to remove the stem. Usually it's closer to the edge of the movement.

trailboss99

It's an ETA 202.104, give me five minutes to get one from stock and I'll find the release for you.

offshore

I think you will first need to remove the movement retainer.

Try removing it 1st, then relooking at what is moving when you move the stem in and out.

O/S

trailboss99

Oke, turn the screw next to the stem about 1.5 turns and the stem will pop out.

I know, I just tried it.

But, mate, it's a Hamilton, why the hell would you want to destroy it?

offshore

Looks like TB is onto it...wouldn't have thought it was that screw Col? But If you have checked it.............

O/S

powderfreak

What logo is that? Can't seem to identify it from the picture...

trailboss99

Looks like TB is onto it...wouldn't have thought it was that screw Col? But If you have checked it.............

O/S

Yup, Pam style :)

It even has a little arrow around it to say "turn me".

Pohoho

Thanks TB! Works!

Not really destroying but just to remove the army logo for a higher resale-value. My bro had it for so long and didn't even wear it once till the battery went flat. I had sanded off his name on the case back.

I tried to wipe the logo off with window cleaner but didn't work at all, though I have destroy a Titoni and Tugaris logo this way in the past.

@ Powderfreak, that's Singapore Armed Forces logo. We get this watch when we finish our reservist service.

trailboss99

Higher resale value? Are you nuts? Sorry but I need to ask.

FFS mate, it's a limited edition Hammy. Please, don't do it!

How much do you want for it?

Pohoho

Goodness, most of us don't even know it's LE! And I was thinking people would mind the logo :unsure:

Do you want it with numbers 1 to 12 Superlumed? (this was the other intention I have to build up my portfolio).

There is lume on hands and dots around the circumference and on par with my Getat Superlume as I compared last night.

Also, I can get one more piece.

Edited by Pohoho

trailboss99

No don't super lume it. I want it as issued and unmolested.

Why would think it's worth more without the logo? I don't understand your thinking at all mate.

if you can get these sell 'em on ebay, they are highly collectable as is. They won't fetch a fortune

but they are worth far more with the logo than without. Same with the name on the case back :facepalm:

You are destroying it's collectable value by removing that if it was inscribed by the army before presentation.

Do you have one that hasn't been played with at all?

str8
No don't super lume it. I want it as issued and unmolested. Why would think it's worth more without the logo? I don't understand your thinking at all mate. if you can get these sell 'em on ebay, they are highly collectable as is. They won't fetch a fortune but they are worth far more with the logo than without. Same with the name on the case back :facepalm: You are destroying it's collectable value by removing that if it was inscribed by the army before presentation. Do you have one that hasn't been played with at all?

TB, this is the current mindset of the local masses. It's almost of no value locally due to the 'free' tag and the army logo :)

trailboss99

Sure, but the rest of the world will snap them up.

They are a cool little collectible and military dials are always sought after.

Some of the most valuable 16800 and early 16610 subs are the "Saudi"

dial ones. Same with the Mid East dialled DDs and DJs.

Hell, even Domino's Pizza Air Kings attract a premium because there are only so many around.

trailboss99

Now, somebody get me one please.

Pohoho

Yes sir!

Give a me while, I check out the condition first and what price the fellow want to let it go.

Happy proud that it's appreciated after all. Personal I find it an ok and thoughtful watch; good Lume, dual time zone, anti-clockwise 120 click bezel with very fine numbers.

Edited by Pohoho

Pohoho

Just sold my bro's altered version for US$199! :P

Feels good that we are given something of decent value.