Sign in to follow this  
p-lund

asian rolex 3135-clone

p-lund

hi ! i saw that trustytime sells noobmariners with a new asian rolex 3135-clone. i wonder if any of you guys have any experience of them, and if so, are they worth the extra expence compared to the ETA 2836 ? looking foreward to a rewiew on this. thanks

sconehead

Don't do it...it's just a cosmeticaly modded 2836-2 movement so why pay the extra? I could understand if the watches it is used in had display backs but they don't and no watchmaker would think it a gen movement, so really there's no point in buying one imo...:lol:

pollux1
Don't do it...it's just a cosmeticaly modded 2836-2 movement so why pay the extra? I could understand if the watches it is used in had display backs but they don't and no watchmaker would think it a gen movement, so really there's no point in buying one imo...:lol:
+1, there's really no need to spend the extra money tbh.

SlickDick

No need to spend extra money on socalled gen swiss eta either, take a clone eta. Especially when ordering from a dropshipper.

p-lund
Don't do it...it's just a cosmeticaly modded 2836-2 movement so why pay the extra? I could understand if the watches it is used in had display backs but they don't and no watchmaker would think it a gen movement, so really there's no point in buying one imo...;)

thanks sconie, i shall try to avoid that :)

JohnG

I wouldn't buy it but hey, if you like it, why not?

JoeyB
Don't do it...it's just a cosmeticaly modded 2836-2 movement so why pay the extra? I could understand if the watches it is used in had display backs but they don't and no watchmaker would think it a gen movement, so really there's no point in buying one imo...:)

Is it? I'm not so sure that it's an Asian 2836-2 that's been modded.

Genuine Rolex

cal_3185_2_immichael.jpg

Asian 3186

14.jpg12.jpg

But...when an Asian 2836-2 costs about $100 less than a Swiss ETA 2836-2, an Asian 3186 should cost the same as the Asian 2836-2, not more.

And it's new. No one yet knows if it's accurate, reliable, anything good or bad.

This movement is a wait and see, I think.

sconehead

It's a modded 2836 which include a Rolex style rotor, bridge modded to mimic 3135 balance assembly, coloured gears and Rolex engravings. The movement has had no major mechanical mods as far as I'm aware. Reliability and accuracy will be the same as any other ETA clone I should imagine...:)

JoeyB
It's a modded 2836 which include a Rolex style rotor, bridge modded to mimic 3135 balance assembly, coloured gears and Rolex engravings. The movement has had no major mechanical mods as far as I'm aware. Reliability and accuracy will be the same as any other ETA clone I should imagine...:)

Has anyone done a tear down comparison? Regardless, I think we all agree that now is not the time to buy one, if ever.

KBH

Rex did. He posted a quick post a couple of days ago and said he would do a follow up review.

sconehead
Rex did. He posted a quick post a couple of days ago and said he would do a follow up review.

Keep us posted KBH...:)

pablocerioni

hello, i need only the mechanical watch for mu Replica Rolex

Sea Dweller.

The the mechanical watch 3135.

what is the price? thanks

Pablo Cerioni

trailboss99
hello, i need only the mechanical watch for mu Replica Rolex

Sea Dweller.

The the mechanical watch 3135.

what is the price? thanks

Pablo Cerioni

Ummmm, Google Translate yes?

You don't want a 3115, is no good.

Which Sea Dweller do you want? The old one (the SD)

or the Deep Sea Sea Dweller (DSSD)?

Col.

pablocerioni

jajaj, no, no traslate, my english is very bad.

yes, my replica is the Deep Sea Sea Dweller (DSSD)

what you recommend me? and if you know, where I can obtain it

goldwatch

By the way is anyone have experienced trusty time ? is it a "trusty" dealer? I can't find him in the list...

greg_r
By the way is anyone have experienced trusty time ? is it a "trusty" dealer? I can't find him in the list...

TrustyTime (Andrew) is a trusted dealer - you'll find him alongside his business partner, Josh, on the trusted dealer list. Make sure you're using the genuine trusty time though, there are some scammers masquerading as him.

However, there are other dealers that we feel offer a better experience. The dealers with subforums here should be able to obtain almost any rep currently available, so why don't you give one of them a try?

rc42

I bought a blue ceramic sub from Mary and specifically asked for a Swiss movement, watch turned up and was working fine till the rotor fell off inside, when I opened it up it wasn't a Swiss anything it was an asian 3135 clone :picard2:

There's a little stick on piece on top of the rotor screw so it was easy enough to fix but the build quality doesn't look that great on it, you'd have to be really clueless to think it was a real Rolex movement.

It gains about 15 seconds a day and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to adjust it so the Swiss or even an Asian clone would certainly have been better, im pissed off about it but not enough to go through the grief of sending it back and hoping a better replacement eventually arrives. I certainly wouldn't but another watch from Mary or recommend her to anyone though.

fry847
I bought a blue ceramic sub from Mary and specifically asked for a Swiss movement, watch turned up and was working fine till the rotor fell off inside, when I opened it up it wasn't a Swiss anything it was an asian 3135 clone :picard2:

There's a little stick on piece on top of the rotor screw so it was easy enough to fix but the build quality doesn't look that great on it, you'd have to be really clueless to think it was a real Rolex movement.

It gains about 15 seconds a day and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to adjust it so the Swiss or even an Asian clone would certainly have been better, im pissed off about it but not enough to go through the grief of sending it back and hoping a better replacement eventually arrives. I certainly wouldn't but another watch from Mary or recommend her to anyone though.

buddy she is more than helpful i have had quite a few pieces from her and many of us on here and her customer service is excellent she would have sorted it no bother,when buying anything nowdays it can go wrong, and to be honest this doesnt sound like the mary we all know and trust!

gareth

I second that she's always been great to me purchased 7 dssd from her build a relationship stick to one td they all get the same watches

jdog

3 year old topic bump? Ummmmmmmmm....

GenTLe

Good bump by the way, I still didn't find a proper teardown/analysis of one of these clones and I've seen now they're used in both BP and also in the new Noob ones ( http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=1014 )